XDS/ Water Buffalo Holster

Discussion in 'Springfield Armory XD' started by ThreeTango, Dec 13, 2016.

1. ThreeTango

ThreeTango Well-Known Member

This combo works very well for me.

Versa Carry Beltslide holster is ambidextrous.

Attached Files:

2. RevV

RevV Member Supporter

Nice. Thanks for pic.

3. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

4. Nano65

Nano65 New Member

Threetango is that the distressed brown color? Will an XDs45 with a Crimson Trace fit in it?

5. ThreeTango

That is the distressed brown. Each one is a bit different as my other one looks differently than this one.

As is a laser equipped gun won't fit BUT, give them a call at the number in red and I think they can hook you up at no extra charge with one that will.

https://www.versacarry.com/exotic-water-buffalo-versacarry-quick-slide-series-ambidextrous/

6. Nano65

Nano65 New Member

I actually ordered the English Bridal Leather holster (brown) Protector series in size 4 because their application chart listed it for the XDs with Crimson Trace. I'll post a photo when I get it. Since it so near Christmas it will probably be after the 1st before I get it. Currently I carry in a Barsony OWB with thumb brake.
    [​IMG]

7. Nano65

Nano65 New Member

Well, the English Bridal Leather holster (brown) Protector series came in today. It is very high quality and I'm sure I'm going to like it. It is also very comfortable and I like the extended protector leather. Right now it is very snug fitting on the XDs but I feel like it will loosen up and mold in with use.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
  8. ThreeTango

Looks good, put some leather conditioner (found at places like Auto Zone) inside and out of the holster and leave the pistol in to get a good fit.

9. Nano65

Nano65 New Member

I still have some Neatsfoot Compound that I used to use on my baseball glove. It says it softens and waterproofs all leather goods. Do you think that would work?

12/29 Update: I coated the holster last night with the Neatsfoot Compound, just like I used to do with my ball glove. I holstered the XDs over night while it soaked in and dried. Looking at it this morning I was glad to see that it had done a great job softening and molding the leather. The gun slides snugly in and out with ease. I highly recommend doing this to the Versacarry leather holster. This morning I had errands to do so I strapped it on at the 3 o'clock position. In and out of the truck for about 2 hours. Very comfortable.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
  10. Nano65

Nano65 New Member

I've been carrying this combo daily. Very comfortable. Really like it.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
  11. Nano65

Nano65 New Member

Well, it is almost 8 months later and I have a new Versacarry Commander holster for my XDs45 w/Crimson Trace. Still really like the Protector Series holster above but this is my new favorite holster. When Versacarry had a 50% off sale I just couldn't pass it by.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 27, 2017
  12. RevV

RevV Member Supporter

Here is a similar option, inexpensive also, like $20 at Academy.

Attached Files:

13. Derricks

Derricks New Member

I'm looking for a 9mm with a 4" barrel, but a compact. I can't seem to find one for sale even though I seem to remember one from years ago, something like my 45 4" XD compact. Anyone know of something like this for sale?

14. Derricks

Derricks New Member

As to holsters, I'm really happy with my Bear Creek IWB cowhide holster for my XDS.

15. squirrelhunter

squirrelhunter Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard Derricks,you should hop on over to the Introductions Forum and introduce yourself properly.....we love pictures by the way ;).

mjohnson likes this.
  16. RevV

RevV Member Supporter

Hello. The 4 inch bbl. is now called "Service Model" and it is listed on SA's website.