Springfield Armory Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Threetango is that the distressed brown color? Will an XDs45 with a Crimson Trace fit in it?

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
20 Posts
I actually ordered the English Bridal Leather holster (brown) Protector series in size 4 because their application chart listed it for the XDs with Crimson Trace. I'll post a photo when I get it. Since it so near Christmas it will probably be after the 1st before I get it. Currently I carry in a Barsony OWB with thumb brake.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Well, the English Bridal Leather holster (brown) Protector series came in today. It is very high quality and I'm sure I'm going to like it. It is also very comfortable and I like the extended protector leather. Right now it is very snug fitting on the XDs but I feel like it will loosen up and mold in with use.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, the English Bridal Leather holster (brown) Protector series came in today. It is very high quality and I'm sure I'm going to like it. It is also very comfortable and I like the extended protector leather. Right now it is very snug fitting on the XDs but I feel like it will loosen up and mold in with use.
Looks good, put some leather conditioner (found at places like Auto Zone) inside and out of the holster and leave the pistol in to get a good fit.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Looks good, put some leather conditioner (found at places like Auto Zone) inside and out of the holster and leave the pistol in to get a good fit.
I still have some Neatsfoot Compound that I used to use on my baseball glove. It says it softens and waterproofs all leather goods. Do you think that would work?

12/29 Update: I coated the holster last night with the Neatsfoot Compound, just like I used to do with my ball glove. I holstered the XDs over night while it soaked in and dried. Looking at it this morning I was glad to see that it had done a great job softening and molding the leather. The gun slides snugly in and out with ease. I highly recommend doing this to the Versacarry leather holster. This morning I had errands to do so I strapped it on at the 3 o'clock position. In and out of the truck for about 2 hours. Very comfortable.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Well, it is almost 8 months later and I have a new Versacarry Commander holster for my XDs45 w/Crimson Trace. Still really like the Protector Series holster above but this is my new favorite holster. When Versacarry had a 50% off sale I just couldn't pass it by.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm looking for a 9mm with a 4" barrel, but a compact. I can't seem to find one for sale even though I seem to remember one from years ago, something like my 45 4" XD compact. Anyone know of something like this for sale?

·
Registered
6,196 Posts
I'm looking for a 9mm with a 4" barrel, but a compact. I can't seem to find one for sale even though I seem to remember one from years ago, something like my 45 4" XD compact. Anyone know of something like this for sale?
Welcome aboard Derricks,you should hop on over to the Introductions Forum and introduce yourself properly.....we love pictures by the way ;).

·
498 Posts
Hello. The 4 inch bbl. is now called "Service Model" and it is listed on SA's website.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts