XDS SubCompact .45 Is Home

Discussion in 'Springfield Armory XD' started by SA_Shooter, Mar 30, 2016.

1. SA_Shooter

SA_Shooter Uno Ab Alto

Thank you all for your input on the XD's, XD Mod.2's and other subcompact pistols.

Today an XDS .45 subcompact followed me home. I think I am really gonna like this one. :)

[​IMG]

More pics later. I need to break this down, clean it, inspect it, then lube it up for some break in.

2. SA_Shooter

SA_Shooter Uno Ab Alto

Oh...more pics then I'm back to the bench.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. tazo2503

tazo2503 Moderator Supporter

Congrats Michael!

4. SA_Shooter

SA_Shooter Uno Ab Alto

Thanks! I think I am gonna stop by the range on my way home.

5. Newmey

Newmey New Member

How does the split trigger in that work? Is the part that protrudes forward some kind of safety device to prevent firing without a finger on the trigger? Does it add anything to the trigger pull or is it hardly noticeable? I've never held one.

6. SA_Shooter

SA_Shooter Uno Ab Alto

That is the trigger safety and without it being depressed the trigger will not move. It works in conjunction with the grip safety.

I demo'd an XDS last weekend and I didn't really notice the trigger safety at all and the trigger broke cleanly with little to no creep at all.

I have yet to fire this one, 'cause I just picked it up last night, but I suspect it will perform the same as the one I test fired.

7. Newmey

Newmey New Member

Got it. Thanks.

8. Newmey

Newmey New Member

For what it's worth, i got a chuckle from your writing style: "Today an XDS .45 subcompact followed me home".

9. SA_Shooter

SA_Shooter Uno Ab Alto

Just practicing my rational explanation for when the Mrs. finally notices there is more than one black Springfield in the Armory. :p

Thanx, SH! :D

10. Newmey

Newmey New Member

We should all do what we can to solve the homeless problem. I'm glad you were able to provide a home by adopting that lonely looking xds

11. ThreeTango

ThreeTango Well-Known Member

I am fortunate that Mrs 3T is also a gun aficionado, shoots well and has several of her own but I still have to get creative occasionally like SA so aptly stated. :D