Springfield Armory Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Uno Ab Alto
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thank you all for your input on the XD's, XD Mod.2's and other subcompact pistols.

Today an XDS .45 subcompact followed me home. I think I am really gonna like this one. :)

More pics later. I need to break this down, clean it, inspect it, then lube it up for some break in.

·
Registered
94 Posts
How does the split trigger in that work? Is the part that protrudes forward some kind of safety device to prevent firing without a finger on the trigger? Does it add anything to the trigger pull or is it hardly noticeable? I've never held one.

·
Uno Ab Alto
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That is the trigger safety and without it being depressed the trigger will not move. It works in conjunction with the grip safety.

I demo'd an XDS last weekend and I didn't really notice the trigger safety at all and the trigger broke cleanly with little to no creep at all.

I have yet to fire this one, 'cause I just picked it up last night, but I suspect it will perform the same as the one I test fired.

·
Registered
94 Posts
We should all do what we can to solve the homeless problem. I'm glad you were able to provide a home by adopting that lonely looking xds

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
I am fortunate that Mrs 3T is also a gun aficionado, shoots well and has several of her own but I still have to get creative occasionally like SA so aptly stated. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts