XDs question for a new member.

Discussion in 'Springfield Armory XD' started by tuamike, Mar 16, 2014.

1. tuamike

tuamike New Member

So I will admit I am a glock guy, not to the point where they are the only pistols I own, but I almost exclusively carry them (Carrying one of my SIGs for a day would have me at the chiropractor lol). Anyway, to the point: My best friend is a XD guy and I have shot his XDs pre and post recall. I definitely feel a difference since the gun came back but I am still incredibly impressed with it. I am seriously considering picking up a XDs 3.3 9mm and was wondering if I will get the "post-recall" trigger in a model that was made after the recall or was the difference in the trigger a result of modifying the pre-recall pistols? Thanks all!

Sent from my iPhone using Springfield Forum

2. nbk13nw

nbk13nw New Member

More than likely the pull will be a little heavier than a pre-recall XDs. But you can always got the PRP spring kit route to drop a pound or two on the pull and smooth it out. Add a 25¢ "Glock" trigger job polishing out some of the internal surfaces and you get a really good trigger.

3. tuamike

tuamike New Member

It's not actually the weight of the pull. I don't mind a heavier trigger pull on a carry gun. It was more the "grit" of the pull. I polish out all of my Glocks, so I guess this would be no different. I have just been so impressed with that gun!

Sent from my iPhone using Springfield Forum

4. nbk13nw

nbk13nw New Member

I installed the PRP springs prior to and another set after the recall. It not only lightens the pull a bit but it makes a for a crisp break and smoother pull. I also polished the internals a bit while I had it broken down.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2014
  5. OLE442

OLE442 New Member

Been shooting mine twice since the recall fix and I didn't mind it at first, it gets better the more I shoot it....

6. nbk13nw

nbk13nw New Member

I have put approx 500 rounds thru mine since the recall and about 100 of those after the PRP install. No issues and no complaints