XDS 9mm dual duty range and ccw ?

Discussion in 'Springfield Armory XD' started by georgiacatweazle, Aug 15, 2016.

1. georgiacatweazle

georgiacatweazle New Member

I've had my XDS for about 10 months I guess. It's still stock and even though folks say the trigger is too heavy, I think it shoots just fine. I actually have sub consciously been shooting my XDS at every range trip pretty much, which is maybe 2 times a month.
    any one see any issues taking your primary CCW pistol and shooting it more than your range pistols ?
    mine given it's accuracy is my de-facto 9mm target pistol.
    so should I get another XD pistol like an older XD9 ? will that shoot as good, i.e. 1" groups at 7 yards consistently ??

2. CAV_Scout

CAV_Scout New Member

thought you were to shoot primary carry MOST often? (its not etched in stone)
    after that its all fun . . . . there can be a before fun also :D

3. Badnews

Badnews New Member

The more You use it the more you know about its reliability. Key factor in a carry pistol.

4. CPTKILLER

CPTKILLER Senior Member

5. RevV

RevV Member Supporter

XDs 9mm EDC Shoot it Often

A XDs 9mm is my EDC gun, and I shoot it every opportunity I get. I think it's extremely important to practice with your carry piece so that you know, trust it, and can operate it in "auto pilot" mode if need be.

Since I have neither the money nor the time to get to the range every week, I use Tipton snap caps to do a few minutes of dry fire practice at least once a week.