XDs 9, .40 or .45

Discussion in 'Springfield Armory XD' started by kad99, Dec 3, 2016.

1. kad99

kad99 New Member

I am new to this whole pistol world having purchased my 1st handgun just recently. I purchased the MOD 2 9mm with the 4" barrel.

I now am looking at the XDs for my CC and have various opinions and suggestions on the right caliber. I have shot all 3 versions and feel quite comfortable with recoil from the .40 and .45 but am still unsure what the best approach is. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2016
  2. billings

billings New Member

I personally have the XDS 9mm for my CCW. The 9mm still has great stopping power and give you a couple extra rounds compared to the 45.

3. kad99

kad99 New Member

My thought is to go 9mm for CC for accuracy (less recoil) and ammo count. Price of 9mm is more tolerable too. I can go .45 with the next gun! The 9 come in a real neat tactical grey too.

4. RevV

RevV Member Supporter

CC round

Like Billings, I carry an XDs 9 mm. Weight and capacity are important variables. A 9 mm gives you more rounds for less weight than .40 or .45. That means nothing at the range, but when you're carrying it all day--along with an extra mag--the difference in weight and number of rounds between 9 mm and .40 or .45 is quite significant.

5. kad99

kad99 New Member

Awesome. Thx

6. Nano65

Nano65 New Member

My every day carry is an XDS45 3.3". 750 rounds shot so far. Shooting 1 round of .45 hollow point should be enough. I do carry an extra 6 round mag.