XDS .45 not chambering rounds consistantly

Discussion in 'Springfield Armory XD' started by Ragged, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Ragged

Ragged New Member

I bought a new XDS this summer it is clean and has had about 200 rounds though it.

Im haveing problems with the action not closing all the way after a round is fired causing you not to be able to fire again till to push it the rest of the way closed.

any one have any ideas? I have not sent it back for the recall yet but the recall did not seem to aply to this problem correct?:confused:

Ragged

2. Magnus1791

Magnus1791 New Member

I had similar issues. I did send mine back in for the recall. I have not fired it yet. I hope to get to the range soon. I will post my results.

3. Magnus1791

Magnus1791 New Member

I had similar issues. I did send mine back in for the recall. I have not fired it yet. I hope to get to the range soon. I will post my results.

4. Ragged

Ragged New Member

thanks look forward to hearing how it goies...how long did they have it?

5. Magnus1791

Magnus1791 New Member

I took my xds to the range after I received it back from the recall. I did not have any chambering issues. I don't think I did anything different than before other than to make sure it had some oil on on the slide. A couple times when i had issues it may have been a little dry.

6. lshooter

lshooter New Member

Over 200 rounds through my XDS 45 without any issues. Its a keeper.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Springfield Forum mobile app

7. Balota

Balota Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I had a similar problem with my XDm 45 5.25" Competition Series. Needed to replace recoil spring.