Springfield Armory Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
XDM Elite 3.8" 9mm question... What is recommended to drop the trigger pull weight about a pound. Nothing really required beyond that...the rest I can live with...but for precision shots if required, the wall pull through weight is to heavy. Suggestions on how get about a pound off without compromising anything beyond that...it's a carry gun

Thoughts.. ?

·
Registered
493 Posts

Attachments

·
464 Posts
You can go the trigger kit route, especially if you plan on using it at the range on targets. If it's a carry gun I'm not really sure many "precision" shots are going to be required. In a real life situation, if you have to draw and discharge your weapon, I figure the adrenaline will make it so you won't notice that 1 pound of trigger weight at all.
How many rounds have you fired through it? If not that many, the trigger will probably smooth out and "break in" so to speak after more use.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
WVSurveyor... I understand your point, worked in law enforcement a long time...plus 3 gun comp plus plus... My point is, training to not run heavy on adrenaline matters... all training matters but, precision shots matter too. Not just confidence, but your responsible for every shot taken... You never really know what your facing until you do. Anyway, my goal is to get about a pound off the wall break weight...that would help I am sure. Other modifications are secondary so if anyone knows or can suggest how to get about a pound off without further extensive mods, I would appreciate knowing... thanks all.

·
464 Posts
if anyone knows or can suggest how to get about a pound off without further extensive mods, I would appreciate knowing... thanks all.

Here is a link to a reduced power trigger spring. Would be an inexpensive and simple alteration that would be easily changed back to stock if you didn't like the results. You can check with them and see if it will work on the Elite Series, but I see it's currently out of stock. There are probably other companies that offer a similar spring, it will just take a little web surfing to track them down.
I did just a trigger spring change on a CZ I own and am happy with the result.

·
464 Posts

Here's Powder River trigger spring. Says it reduces trigger weight by as much as a pound. May be just what you're looking for.

These two are the trigger and sear spring which they say will lower the weight to around 5 lbs. Not sure what your current trigger pull weight is.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Here's Powder River trigger spring. Says it reduces trigger weight by as much as a pound. May be just what you're looking for.

These two are the trigger and sear spring which they say will lower the weight to around 5 lbs. Not sure what your current trigger pull weight is.
Ah, thank you WV Surveyor those springs or a combination thereof should do the trick... thank you very much !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts