Springfield Armory Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Springfield owner of XDm-elite 4.5 non- OSP. Looks great and cannot wait to start at range with it. Question - should I put any gun lube on any parts right out of box or does it come ready to fire? Also, anyone know a good IWB holster for this? Thank you.

·
107 Posts
I always field strip, clean and lube a new weapon prior to going to the range.
I do mostly OWB carry, but the brands I like are 2A, Wright Leatherworks and Kusiak. You will get many different opinions on holsters.

·
480 Posts
I also field strip and lube a new gun before firing it.

A 4.5 might be hard to carry IWB, but my favorite IWB holsters are:

Alien Gear--good price, good quality, great customer service and versatility; can buy one base and multiple shells for other guns

CrossBreed and Galco--very similar, good on all accounts.

Hidden Hybrid Holsters--a bit expensive but worth it!

Some people like a piece of kydex against their skin--in which case Blade Tech is good, but I like leather against me and a kydex/polymer shell for the firearm.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I also field strip and lube a new gun before firing it.

A 4.5 might be hard to carry IWB, but my favorite IWB holsters are:

Alien Gear--good price, good quality, great customer service and versatility; can buy one base and multiple shells for other guns

CrossBreed and Galco--very similar, good on all accounts.

Hidden Hybrid Holsters--a bit expensive but worth it!

Some people like a piece of kydex against their skin--in which case Blade Tech is good, but I like leather against me and a kydex/polymer shell for the firearm.
Thanks for replying. I agree, not the best for IWB carry, but I just cannot get to liking the single stacks so willing to put up with whatever comes. May be a crossdraw or small of back. Don't know yet, will experiment for comfort.

·
480 Posts
SOB (small of back) carry allegedly has potential to injure the spine if one falls.

Alien Gear has a new cross-draw belly band that might work for you.

Might want to try a smaller pistol, perhaps a Hellcat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts