XDM 525 sights

Discussion in 'Springfield Armory XD' started by TerrorDactyl, Nov 8, 2014.

1. TerrorDactyl

TerrorDactyl New Member

I have been shooting at a range in the Houston area for a couple of years and recently we have started shooting LSSA scenarios and as I am 70 yrs old I am having trouble with the rear sight.

My carry gun is a three dot style and would like to have that on the 525 as well.

I can't find any reference to a different rear sight being available from Springfield so just wondering if anyone else has found a replacement rear sight available on the market that will fit as it appears to not be a dovetail style rear sight?

Last edited: Nov 8, 2014
  2. Bigslick

Bigslick New Member

Sights

Just saw a lot of different sights on Springer Precision site. The have Dawson, Truglo and Heine sights there. Try this link also https://www.xssights.com/Products.aspx?CAT=8379 I had a set of these XS big Dot on my Glock and liked them. It is like having a receiver sight for the rear and they are really quick and easy to see. Not as precise at longer ranges maybe.
    Hope this helps

3. TerrorDactyl

TerrorDactyl New Member

Thanks for the info but the sights are a completely different type than on the other XD's and XDM's. The only thing that I could find on Springer that fit the 525 were mounts to be able to mount an optic sight to the XDM 525.

I sent a question to Springfield Armory early last week and have not heard anything from them about a dot style rear sight for the XDM 525.