XDM 4.5 vs CZ P-10F

Discussion in 'Springfield Armory XD' started by WVSurveyor, Sep 6, 2019.

1. WVSurveyor

WVSurveyor Junior Member

Am looking for a new full size range gun. These two interest me. I own a couple Springfield 1911's and a couple CZ SA/DA pistols. All are fine weapons. Never tried either company's polymer/striker fired offerings. Any one have first hand experience with these?

2. unclebob

unclebob Active Member

I don't own either so I have no knowledge of these firearms.
    I bought a Mod-2 tactical for the range and it has been flawless.
    Springfield does not offer it in their catalog anymore so you many find these at a very reasonable price.

Attached Files:

3. Voltaire

Voltaire Member

Striker fire for me is a no, no, as are polymer (easier to replace firing pins and springs). The CZ are fantastic and much heavier (about 1/2 lb) than the new ZCz polymer and hence being heavier balance more and have less muzzle lift.

4. WVSurveyor

WVSurveyor Junior Member

Went with the CZ-P10F optic ready version. She's a sweet shooter albeit I've only put 2 mags through her (38 rounds). Went bang every time, fits well in my hand and points very naturally. Looking forward to much more trigger time.

ca survivor likes this.
  5. Voltaire

Voltaire Member

So how did you like the muzzle flip compared to other CZ models? What ammunition did you use during your 38 round shoot?

6. WVSurveyor

WVSurveyor Junior Member

It was easy to control and get back on target. Didn't notice any difference with it as compared to my PCR and maybe a little more than the SP-01 Tactical, although that is not what I was focusing on. I just wanted to see if it operated properly and check out the sight picture. Seems to be a combat hold but will double check that on paper from a rest. I'll take them all out and do a side by side shoot to get a better idea of the muzzle flip difference. A better comparison though would be against a G17 or other full size polymer/striker weapon.
    I was using 115 gr FMJ Remington LE/Military training ammo .

7. WVSurveyor

WVSurveyor Junior Member

Wanted to add another .45 to go along with my RO Elite. Found a good deal on Gun Broker on a XDM 4.5 with a threaded barrel. It should be shipped in the next day or so. In the end I will have both the XDM and P-10F. Go figure.

8. WVSurveyor

WVSurveyor Junior Member

New XDM 4.5 is a real shooter! Put 100 rounds of .45 230 gr. fmj through it with no issues whatsoever. From a rest at 7 yards I was hitting nickle size dots on the target. It took a mag or two and I was used to the trigger. Shot it well offhand at the steel targets at the farm. It's a keeper for sure.