Springfield Armory Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can't send pictures or report until I pick it up this Friday. Plan is to run 100 or so rounds through as soon as the wait period is done.

Bear in mind this is my first hand gun so the info will be from a true novice

·
Registered
68 Posts
Ybnorml,

Any recommendations on brand of ammo?
Mine have eaten every brand I have fed them....
Some brands leave more deposits ( are dirtier than others ),
don't remember which ones right off hand. ( prob Chinese or Russian manf )
Right now I'm shooting Smith & Wesson 180 gr. FMJ-FP and Federal 180 gr.
I have Hornady Custom 155 gr. XTP in my sub compact edc.
Stick with brass casings and you should be good to go....
Remember which manufacturer shoots better than others, and stick with them.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Short, initial range report...

80 rounds of magtech 180 grain. 3FTFs, no FTEs. I still shoot down and left, my issue not the gun's.
Realized I need to work on grip strength and overall upper body strength.

Wife fired one round and said she prefers revolvers, mostly because she could not pull the slide back.

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
Yes. B-27 24x45 silhouettes. But don't get too hung up on that one right away. My suggestion would be to concentrate on shorter, more realistic ranges (still with the B-27) first. Please don't misunderstand my point. While longer range practice is a must, shorter range practice is also necessary.

Shorter range practice more closely resembles a more likely real life scenario, like for instance within your home or in a restaurant parking lot. And along with doing so, you're hopefully improving on both your firearm control and accuracy of shot placement. Both of which will contribute to improved longer range target acquisition.

I'm no expert. There's plenty of others here with a lifetime of firearms training under their belts who hopefully will weigh in.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts