Springfield Armory Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there!

Im a relatively new XD 9mm owner. I also own a used 3.25 XDe. I much prefer the trigger on XDe. Do other people have difficulty with XD trigger? I only 500 or so rounds through XD but am muss four inches down and to the right consistently. I’m trying to get it down but am honestly missing quite badly with it from ten to fifteen yards.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I think the trigger on my XD-40 could be better but for now, I can live with it.

·
496 Posts
Welcome, Mas.

There is a lot of personal preference in triggers. I have a XD 9 and a XD 45 and like the triggers, but some people do not.

Hitting low and LEFT is common for right handed shooters. Are you a lefty?

I am a lefty and sometimes hit low RIGHT. When that happens, I slow down and focus on grip and trigger press until the issue is corrected.

Some guns just don't fit well in some hands.

Targets like these help to diagnose issues.
targets4free.com/corrective-shooting-target/
www.gunlink.info/targets/PistolChartR1S.pdf
or just google "Pistol Correction Chart."

Good luck!

·
Registered
181 Posts
I have an XD9 and found the trigger from the factory useless and had to much travel and heavy. I replaced the trigger system with the "The Powder River Precision XD/XDM Drop In Trigger Kit contains their famous striker safety lever, which removes the long trigger pre-travel ... " I found it inexpensive and is a great advance. IT replaces much of the old trigger system and i easy to install as i did, took me about 25 minutes. In a video from Google the person demonstrating how to change the trigger over he does it in 10 minutes. Guess he has done that before.

·
496 Posts
I agree with Voltaire that the Powder River Precision trigger and sear kits are amazing! They virtually eliminate pre-travel, dramatically reduce the trigger pull weight, and they make the reset almost immediate. My only issue with mine is that it is TOO good of a trigger--too light for me to feel comfortable carrying. For me it's a range gun, but other people carry them without problems. I just prefer to carry a gun with a polished stock trigger.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts