Springfield Armory Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, tried to get an answer to my questions around this gun on my typical gun forums but got no response, so I figured come to the place where the owners are and join.

I am considering one of these as a summer deep carry here in Texas. I typically carry a 1911 or a Sig P227 SAS in 45 as I really prefer to just load 45. If I want something smaller or lighter I go to my SIG P320 X-Carry in 9mm.

But since I am just reloading 45 now and trying to keep my ammo burn rate down I am thinking about picking up one of the XD-S'.

I typically carry 200gr defensive rounds in my my other guns and tend to reload 200gr SWC's for target practice. Will this gun feed SWC's, have any of you tried?

I am also a bit worried about the width of the grip as I have relatively large hands - typically a Large/XL glove. It looks like this grip is deeper but narrower than my P320 (which fits me really well and I tend to carry it with a Wilson Combat grip frame).

I really just want something that does not get so heavy on long hot days, especially when I am on the motorcycle. I worry about sweating all over my 1911 and the P227 is just quite bulky.

Can you guys give me some input on this? Everything seems to point to them being really reliable guns. I will only run it with the extended 6 round mags as well.

Thanks.

·
351 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Really can't help you specifically with your inquiry as I don't have that weapon. My XD-M in .45, however, does handle hollow point ammo well. If you have a gun range in your general area that has one you can try, that would be my go to option. You can take some of your reloads to run and also try out the fit/feel issue. Maybe someone on here has some first hand experience and will be able to help. Please keep us updated.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts