Springfield Armory Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my mod 2 finally and love it. When I went to clean her after shooting the first time I got curious.

What would happen if you were attempting to tear down the gun with a round in the chamber when you pull the trigger to release the slide?

On one hand j would assume that the round would fire, on the other the slide may come off. Or hell both might happen. Anyone done this or know what would actually happen?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Obviously it's a no no and something that we shouldn't do, I'm just curious what would happen if anyone has done it seen it done.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm hiding behind the biggest rock I can find....
Let me know how this turns out....and please, no pictures I'm squeamish !!!

·
Sincere as a $5 funeral
1,620 Posts
Neither of you has snap caps?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Got my mod 2 finally and love it. When I went to clean her after shooting the first time I got curious.

What would happen if you were attempting to tear down the gun with a round in the chamber when you pull the trigger to release the slide?

On one hand j would assume that the round would fire, on the other the slide may come off. Or hell both might happen. Anyone done this or know what would actually happen?
My only thought was, I hope he's joking. If a round is in the chamber of a semi auto after removing the MAG, you have a loaded gun. That's one reason more knowledge and care needs to be given with a semi auto over a revolver.

·
Registered
162 Posts
that sounds about as careless as looking down the barrel to see if it's loaded!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts