Worst double action trigger

Discussion in 'Springfield Armory XD' started by Voltaire, Sep 13, 2020.

1. Voltaire

Voltaire Member

Ok, many users here, hence what in the say past 10 years would you vote the pistol must be double action, that you would vote with the worst trigger pull. Hard, bad reset and a long pull. Double action only. In single action many bad double action pistols are 100% better.

I nominate the XD. Yes i know i own one but i pulled the original trigger system and replaced it. Yes i know why manufacturers make trigger pulls so heavy. For me a trigger pull of 2lbs is good, 1.5lbs perfect.

RevV likes this.
  2. ca survivor

ca survivor Member

it's that 2lbs or 1.5lbs, a target gun ? if is a CC weapon and you have an AD/ND and hit something, it might even be your own body btw, get ready for some court time.

3. Voltaire

Voltaire Member

Target pistol no, competition pistol yes, IPSC. I have never ever had a AD in over 25 years of shooting at all levels, using various production pistols. As a range officer and trainer for more than 15 years have never seen an AD from the experienced shooters, many from the new shooting group, to anxious, running with finger on the trigger and they trip etc. In competition using a standard CZ Shadow 1 or 3, also the XD and many other pistols. In production category what comes in the box is what you shoot. I carried a S&W model 19 CCW. Trigger pull from memory was 6-7lbs. Glock is great, no safety and a fair trigger pull. Love a standard 1911 and carried cocked, the trigger pull on some is as low as 3-3.5 lbs. Now regarding shooting myself in the foot, or bystanders i cannot see how. The pistol as you draw the weapon from a holster has the safety engaged. Many are taught (incorrectly) to draw and aim at the target and if you are required to shoot, then disengage the safety. By this time in a situation you are already dead. When drawing a weapon from the holster disengage the safety as it clears the holster and aim at the threat. On target on trigger. What were you taught? Look at what is behind the target. All shooting in public areas are investigated. Just my thoughts, we all different.

RevV likes this.
  4. ca survivor

ca survivor Member

I keep forgetting many here are experts.

5. Voltaire

Voltaire Member

Yes i am certain that of all those that are members here are experts, however i make no such claim. So what part of my comment do you not agree with?

Last edited: Oct 12, 2020
  6. Voltaire

Voltaire Member

RevV likes this.
  7. RevV

RevV Member Supporter

Not to start an argument but I like a stock XD trigger, but that is probably only because I am used to it.

I have a PowderRiver Precision trigger in one XD and it's 1911-nice. The trigger is so light that I don't carry it. It's a range only gun for me, but boy does it shoot well!

As pistols go, the worst double action trigger I have shot in the past 10 years is a Ruger LC9. The LC9s is MUCH better.

The trigger on a Ruger LCR is so nice that it hardly feels like a DAO.

Voltaire likes this.
  8. Voltaire

Voltaire Member

RecV we are all different and have likes and dislikes. That comment of your could never be seen as argumentative, it is your considered view. Someone does not agree, rough that is their opinion. I absolutely love my XD with the Powder river conversion, but then i am very familiar with light, short, crisp trigger pulls.

RevV likes this.
  9. RevV

RevV Member Supporter