Springfield Armory Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I will agree,
I my case, I shot Wild Bunch and off-shoot of Cowboy Action Shooting. A fantasy match base on the Sam Peckinpah movie.
I had a a Cimarron 1911 made by Armscor, which served very well.
I happened into my Friend's FFL and consigned was as new (unfired) Springfield Milserp. (not the GI)
The owner was selling it to get a Glock 17, I happened to have a Glock 17 I had won as Door Prize,
an even trade was made.
Glocks are fine, but not my cup of tea.... I never looked back.
So, I was tickled to get the 1911
I also have an EMP also a consigners gun... I use for trail and woods carry
Nice, Major 2. I'm a dinosaur of sorts and grew up on 1911s starting at the age of 19. I shot them in local steel challenge competition and never had a single glitch. Like you, Glocks are not my cup of tea either. FOR ME 1911s point naturally while Glocks do not. I also shot a Glock during steel challenge competition and did okay, but I really had to work at it. My Springfield employee 9mm 3" is uber reliable and easy to use as an EDC, but I also rotate a Wilson Combat full size and a Wilson Combat EDC X9L into the mix from time to time. The X9L has no backstop safety, but other wise has the same familiar feel and natural pointing characteristics for me. These were once in a lifetime purchase for me due to cost, but many less expensive 1911s are extremely reliable and more than adequate for the average citizen looking to use them for sport, EDC or just for show. The only thing I would say is that regular maintenance on 1911s should always be a priority.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I also have an Ithica 1911 manufactured Jan.1945 all matching # that was issued to Bill Roberts.
He was B-26 Marauder Pitot in the 386th Bomb Group, 555th Bomb Squadron (edit)
I received it from the grand old Gentleman and his daughter in 2019 prior to his passing.
Point being I have 1911's for different reasons..

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
I also have an Ithica 1911 manufactured Jan.1945 all matching # that was issued to Bill Roberts.
He was B-26 Marauder Pitot in the 386 Bomb Group of the 552 Bg.
I received it from the grand old Gentleman and his daughter in 2019 prior to his passing.
Point being I have 1911's for different reasons..
Wow!!!!! That is so freaking awesome!!!! What a great keepsake. They must have thought a lot of you to pass it along to you. What an honor to have something from a true American hero who stepped up along with others when we needed them the most. My Dad was a Marine in WWII. He served in communications and as a tail gunner on a bomber. Thanks for sharing Major 2.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts