Springfield Armory Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
When re-assmbling my Springfield Hellcat, the slide accidentally slipped out of my hand and slammed into battery with the takedown lever in the up (disassemble) position. Did this hurt or put additional wear on anything or do the same components slam into each whether the takedown lever is up or down?

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you could still retract and lock the slide back and then rotate the disassembly lever, all is probably well
Agree. I spoke with Springfield and they basically said it should be fine and that the same places contact the slide and frame whether the takedown lever is up or down and the takedown lever simply allows the trigger to release the slide. I was just checking to see what the consensus was and if anyone knows exactly what parts come into contact when the slide goes into battery and could validate what I was told by Springfield.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Agree. I spoke with Springfield and they basically said it should be fine and that the same places contact the slide and frame whether the takedown lever is up or down and the takedown lever simply allows the trigger to release the slide. I was just checking to see what the consensus was and if anyone knows exactly what parts come into contact when the slide goes into battery and could validate what I was told by Springfield.
The Hell Cat is a micro combat pistol it should be fine they are well made pistols in 1000 rounds fired it still has not malfunctioned once. Springfield Armory customer service is second to none.

·
Registered
168 Posts
The Springfield service is what it is, they when a new pistol or other is sold it should stay off the radar for years, never needing to be involved. Buy American, not Croatian.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Question! Is there one semi automatic 9mm pistol, sub contact or other that is the "best"? Is it the pistol or the user that makes the firearm "the best"? The Hellcat as the XD is not even American made. Made in Croatia and shipped to the States and always for a price. Is the Hellcat as a striker fire inexpensive pistol better than the XD, Glock? M&P or dozens of other extremely similar pistol who also make great concealed carry pistol. Is there a revolver that may be a better CCW? Just because i one one particular pistol does not make it the best because i chose it. It is horses for courses. I still like a hammer and double action, Browning. It is the person holding the pistol, (any good pistol) with the correct training and attitude that will prevail. The argument of what constitutes the "(best pistol)" has been going on for 100 years and will continue. This is subject to the outcome of this election and who calls the shots.
CZ USA firearms are made in the Czech republic. They are absolutely outstanding weapons. Utterly reliable, flawlessly manufactured works of precision art. CZ is a cutting edge innovator in the industry. Bottom line is that it doesn't have to be made in the US to be a fine weapon. I'll put my CZ 75 P01D up against any comparable pistol from any manufacturer out there. I'm not bothered by where it is made. I only care about the quality ,reliability, and accuracy .

21 - 27 of 27 Posts