Springfield Armory Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone assist me. My WASP on my Hellcat worked the first time a the range. Put in my shooting bag and when I went to use it again there is no red dot in the screen. Light is on for a little time then nothing.
Any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
XD-S Mod.2 OSP w/CT1500 and Hellcat w/RMRcc both in 9mm
21 Posts
Assuming you have a Hellcat OSP with the WASP that can co-witness, have you ignored the window for the red dot and just aligned the iron sights when you can't see the dot? An optic is a wonderful thing, but you still have to get things lined up, which on something with the short slide of a Hellcat does take some practice. Almost hate to say this on the Springfield forum, but the S&W Shield Plus, with the slightly different angle and more rounded (but longer) grip is easier and faster for me to get pointed in the right direction, with both it and my Hellcat running Trijicon dovetail plate mounts and RMRcc's (and I am still faster for now with my ancient Mk4 Sieries 80 Officers ACP and it's iron sights that I have decades of practice on.)

·
Registered
319 Posts
Red dot sights were really only to assist with those who had poor eyesight. Iron sights for them when they could not focus at close range on the rear sight or the front sights, and hence a red dot was their solution. I found red dots great advantage at distance and with difficult and partial targets. In fact anything less than 20 or so yards i found iron sights perfect for speed and accuracy on a full standard target. Red dots and there are many brands comes down to personal choice and finance. I have on two pistols my XD and other i use a Vortex Venom.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm new here, Hello everyone.
I had trouble with a new hex wasp on a new hellcat myself. It worked for a day or two then went out.
I took it off and checked the battery was making good contact, added one layer of masking tape to the underside of a new battery to shim it up a little tighter to its top contact, put it back on and it has worked since.
I had an authorization to send it back to Springfield but was lucky and got it working.
I carefully aligned the sights and moved the dot until it rests on the center of the front post and the gun gets good hits out to 25 yards with no further adjusting.
Good luck with it, if you can't get it fixed call Springfield customer service and they'll fix you right up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm new here, Hello everyone.
I had trouble with a new hex wasp on a new hellcat myself. It worked for a day or two then went out.
I took it off and checked the battery was making good contact, added one layer of masking tape to the underside of a new battery to shim it up a little tighter to its top contact, put it back on and it has worked since.
I had an authorization to send it back to Springfield but was lucky and got it working.
I carefully aligned the sights and moved the dot until it rests on the center of the front post and the gun gets good hits out to 25 yards with no further adjusting.
Good luck with it, if you can't get it fixed call Springfield customer service and they'll fix you right up.
THANK YOU I WILL TRY WHAT YOU SUGGEST

·
Registered
4 Posts
Wow...I need schooled on WASP. All that ever meant to me was White AngloSaxton Protestant...I doubt that is what you are referring to, at least it doesn't make sense in context!

·
Registered
4 Posts
"Voltaire"
Well I guess that you don't agree with the axiom that the only stupid question is one that is not asked...?
"Humor" has its place but I asked a serious question and you reply with a "funny" answer. I have been on friendlier forums...not a good start here I think!

·
Registered
9 Posts
"Voltaire"
Well I guess that you don't agree with the axiom that the only stupid question is one that is not asked...?
"Humor" has its place but I asked a serious question and you reply with a "funny" answer. I have been on friendlier forums...not a good start here I think!
The Hex Wasp is a small red dot sight commissioned by Springfield Armory to fit their Hellcat OSP pistol. They are included as a package deal with the Hellcat RDP, (Rapid defense package) which also comes with a threaded barrel and compensator. Here ya go- Hellcat RDP

·
Registered
319 Posts
I was actually wondering why any manufacturer, in America or another other English speaking country would use WASP when branding an item on a firearm? This my require some thought or was the person at Springfield not aware of the common meaning of the word? Also if my previous comment offended someone, apologies, that was never my intention.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Burnout, thanks so much for the answer.

Voltaire, apology accepted. I wasn't offended but i guess a bit annoyed would be a better way to say it.Thanks for the explanation re: your first response.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts