Springfield Armory Forums banner

Warrenty

1K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Pierre1968 
#1 ·
Have a defect with the finish on my slide which is being caused by contact with the frame. Emailed springfield 2 weeks ago ,heard nothing, called last Friday talked to someone .He asked for pictures so I emailed him pics immediately still heard nothing. How is the customer service usually, seems like it's hard to get a response.

#5 ·
IMO trying to keep down costs and with the constantly changing models quality control has taken a back seat and most manufacturers count on the customers to find the faults.
Thankfully the only issue with my Springfield 1911 is with the mags they look like they got left in the rain, but one e-mail with pics took care of it.
I used to be a S&W snob, but with their issues on control I went to Springfield Armory.

Rectangle Wood Auto part Font Metal

#8 ·
No-one should ever need to Poke a manufacturer because the item purchased is not up to scratch.
SA should be thankful they heard about the poor quality and glad to get it back to bring it UP to their high standard. We all shoot with others and when someone sees a poor quality finish they will think, not good enough.

#9 ·
Well sent my firearm in for the fit issue between the slide and frame it took over 4 weeks for the work to get done. Upon receiving it I inspected the area that needed repair and it liiked great but when the buffed out the side of the slide they did a horrible job. You can see all the spots where it was over polished. Also all the grip screws were loose. Going to call Springfield and see what's up with that as for sending it back I'm probably going to take it to a local gunsmith to see if they can fix the finish before sending back to Springfield. Not overly impressed with their work

#10 ·
It is a pity that Springfield have such a poor standard of quality control in the first place and then from what you wrote a worse standard in fixing what should never have left the factory. Be interesting to read what the final outcome will be. In fact SA should look at this forum to understand the issues some SA owners face and write about.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.