SpringFieldForum.com banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posts are drying up, no movement. New members here and nothing is said? There is much for all of us to learn. So who loads their own ammunition? Or why not?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Y'all got my immediate attention with the "Ronin" headline. I want to get my first 1911, and this looks too good. I just read a review in Handguns, again, very nice. What I was hoping to see from you Robin owners is your anecdotal experience with it. I will stay tuned.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Posts are drying up, no movement. New members here and nothing is said? There is much for all of us to learn. So who loads their own ammunition? Or why not?
New to reloading but I'm reloading 45 ACP for my XD & XDs. 500 rounds so far, FMJ for practice.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Y'all got my immediate attention with the "Ronin" headline. I want to get my first 1911, and this looks too good. I just read a review in Handguns, again, very nice. What I was hoping to see from you Robin owners is your anecdotal experience with it. I will stay tuned.
The Ronin is a good looking handgun but at todays prices I think I will wait to see if things calm down after the elections. Could be a mistake but I have what I need at this point.

·
453 Posts
Hey all. I have not been on this forum in several months. Got an email from the forum and it mentioned this "Very Quiet" post. Here's hoping this forum gets active again.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
New to reloading but I'm reloading 45 ACP for my XD & XDs. 500 rounds so far, FMJ for practice.
So what projectile, Speers, Hornaby 175, 200, 230? Using about 5 grains powder? Have you change the trigger pull mechanism.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Welcome from Northern Illinois !!
Great purchase.
I have a Range Officer Operator and I have a Ronin on my bucket list when prices calm down a bit.
Good Luck with your new toy...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I reload for every gun i own. 45 for my V-12 and 9mm for my EMP4 contour. Mostly Berrys bullets and powder coated lead from midway. Shooting 3-400 rounds a week in my barn gun range.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I reload for every gun i own. 45 for my V-12 and 9mm for my EMP4 contour. Mostly Berrys bullets and powder coated lead from midway. Shooting 3-400 rounds a week in my barn gun range.
That is great, how many times do you reload a case in 45 or 9mm? Shooting 3-400 rounds a week is a great deal of practice, do you also shoot competition?

·
Registered
2 Posts
45 seem to last a long time. I have some that have been loaded at least 5 times rarely have any cracks show up. 9mm is new to me so I do not have any info. I do not compete. I just shoot for my own enjoyment. I also shoot 300 BLK AND 223..

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
When i had my .45 Gold Cup the reloads were high, way back in 1998 or near enough. .45 are great cases and i used them 30-40 times before they had any splits. In 9mm over the past i found the nickel cases split after about 5-10 reloads. I run some at around 1050 Ft/sec as minor loads with a CZ SP01 Shadow. Then some at 1380 ft/sec for major with my Czechmate. My minor loads using brass cases all brands last 25-35 reloads. My major loads 15-20.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The Ronin is a good looking handgun but at todays prices I think I will wait to see if things calm down after the elections. Could be a mistake but I have what I need at this point.
Robins are getting harder and harder to find. I’ve been looking for a 9mm with a 41/2” barrel. Nowhere to be found.

·
Registered
68 Posts
IMG_0249.JPG
I reloaded 50 rounds today 45 acp 180 gr hi-tek mixed brass that has been loaded Manny times will shoot next weak league with SAMC

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
View attachment 2166 I reloaded 50 rounds today 45 acp 180 gr hi-tek mixed brass that has been loaded Manny times will shoot next weak league with SAMC
That is one hell of a scope on top, what magnification if i may ask? Can't quite make out the make. A red dot like Delta Pro point or Vortex venom not suitable?

·
Registered
68 Posts
I like the tube type red dots it is a Ultra Dot MatchDot only 1X power but I never shoot more than 50 yards mostly bullseye match

1 - 20 of 27 Posts