1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TODAY I BOUGHT A NEW
GUARDIAN 1911 ...

ITS THE PREMIUM BLUED ONE
I HET IT HOME AND WIPE IT OFF.. OPERATE THE SLIDE AND SAFETY...

GUESS WHAT I SEE

I WROTE AND CALLED SPRINGFIELD AND I WAS NOT NICE... THEN I HAD MY ATTY CALL THEM... BECAUSE IM NOT TAKING ANY CRAP OVER THIS..
A NEW LOWER OR NEW PISTOL IS THE ONLY THING I WILL ACCEPT AS WARRANTY

THIS CANNOT BE FIXED.. THE LOWER IS NOW COSMETICALLY TOTALLED
BECAUSE SOME IDIOT COULDN'T BE BOTHERED TO CHECK FOR BURRS ON MATING SURFACES

Wood Automotive design Bumper Automotive exterior Carbon
Eyelash Grey Wood Tints and shades Art
Eyelash Grey Wood Tints and shades Art

·
Registered
435 Posts
Yes Springfield should have checked a pistol for marks and ensure it function is perfect. They must in quality control check all pistols and also ensure they shot a 5 round target for accuracy. I am certain when you called them and sent them a photo of the marks they would have fixed the issue, or you would have gone to a higher executive in Springfield to give you a brand new replacement and apology, also spoken to quality control to ensure it never happened again. In your comment you did not mention SA reaction to your call and letter. Surely they would bend over backwards to ensure you were treated fairly? Be interesting to see what SA does.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I have had to call Springfield a few times and I had my issues resolved, but then again I was calm with them and didn't have my lawyer contact them either.
The people I have dealt with were not the assemblers or the QC department either.
Good Luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry that happened to you. I have heard SA customer service is very supportive. My personal experience with them has been positive. I bought the hellcat w/ hex optic. First time at the range, on the 5th round the optic went flying. Felt lucky to find both screws and optic on range floor. When I tried to re-install it, one of the two screws holding the optic down was stripped. Called Springfield, they were pleasant to talk to....emailed me a shipping label and the next day I sent the slide in using the prepaid shipping label. Pretty quick turnaround time I received the slide/optic back in the mail. Aside from the frustration of that happening with a new firearm, the experience was relatively painless. Give em a chance to make it right.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’m really sorry to read about your problem. I’m betting they’ll fix it. My experience is that the moment someone says “lawyer” the conversation is over. SA’s own lawyers have most likely informed the employees when “lawyer “ enters the conversation, stop talking and refer the caller to them.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Not sure where you purchased it but, the local dealers I do business with would have corrected that with it being a brand new weapon.
I would have spoken with them before contacting the factory. Any decent dealer, especially one used quite a bit would get right on that.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Looking at the pistol with the 2 scratches from the safety i am absolutely surprised that it was sold and not resurfaced before it went out. Either they have NO quality control at Springfield which i dought very much, or it happened outside their factory. Fixing the scratches is easy, and not an issue but it should still never have been sold without a routine inspection. A dealer or his staff would have noticed such a scratch as most people when in store work the safety and if they don't staff do.

·
635 Posts
Sorry for your trouble. I believe Springfield customer support will take care of you. They are generally good. Caveat: They are not reacting well to Hellcat Trigger complaints, I hear. However, in general they are good. If your state allows it, Springfield will pay postage both ways on a return for service. They have for me.

Good luck.

Please keep the forum posted on how it goes.

·
Registered
🎖USMC, Retired
18 Posts
Sorry to hear/read about the OP's trouble...

S.A.'s Customer Service has been on point for our detachment's issues with anything that may have popped up. As easy as we could have gone "high and to the right", we kept everything on the level and built a strong working relationship with them. Work with them, and they'll work with you. Mistakes happen (unfortunately), so give them a chance to make it right. You got this!

S/F

Reactions: RevV and WVSurveyor

·
321 Posts
I find it a little sketchy that a lawyer would take the time and effort to get involved in a such a matter. If it happened at all, maybe the attorney was a very good friend or close relative. If a person has a problem, then a civil call to Springfield explaining the issue will almost always get the issue resolved. No need to get testy from the get go.

·
321 Posts
You can sue a ham sandwich and win so . . . . .
That's true, but the payout from the ham sandwich would have to make it worthwhile for the lawyer to get involved. In this matter, at such an early stage, we're only talking about a repair or a new frame or a new gun. Not much in it for the attorney.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Possibly someone may use a lawyer in his complaint to SA to make them move faster and to show he is serious and his complaint is genuine.
Either way i still believe that SA would fix the issue and move on as the scratch marks were minor and in their factory could have been removed in an hour or just fitted another slide.
There may be more to the complaint if it is still not resolved.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts