Springfield Armory Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unfortunately I live in this communist state of ny, I was on line recently to see if I could come up on a story about guns being unsafe to use because of this state safe act that was brought forth to us by what use to be our King cuomo , it's been out for a number of years and I have a couple that are bound by this law,as a gun person all my life I'm thinking that the guns are unsafe pin magazine I was at the gun range someone clearing a jam in his ar15 rifle, had a live round in the barrel the other in the mag it got jam in there pretty good,I'm thinking here a guy trying to get this gun unjam with a live round in the gun and a mag that he couldn't drop out because it pin in how unsafe is that,or a grip that you can only put half your hand on how safe is that, who comes up with this idea that this gun is safe, I'm surprised someone hasn't blew off there hand or foot and sue the state. Stupid laws from stupid people that probably have never shot a gun in there life.

·
Registered
3 Posts
God bless you and everyone else who lives under the tyranny of idiots!

Here is a good "common sense" gun law: Put people who misuse guns in jail and leave the rest of us and our property alone!
Let’s go one step further: if you commit a crime with a gun, you are executed within 24 hours. Not 24 days, not 24 weeks, not 24 months. 24 HOURS!

·
351 Posts
I whole heartedly agree that the gun laws should be written so as to make a potential perp think twice before using a firearm to commit a crime. Unlawful, malicious intent and use should be dealt with and punished. We just need to be careful in wording such laws so there is no unintended spill over onto people who may get caught committing minor gun offenses or get involved in self defense situations where the circumstances can be debated or are unclear. I always cringe when I hear a politician say "common sense gun law". It seems those always put more burden on lawful gun owners and does nothing about unlawful use.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wouldn't mind the common sense gun laws it's the uncommon bull shi? that's going to get someone killed, by trying to get a jam out of a gun or grips you can't fully grip because it's not complaint, let me run this by some of you if someone had a accident trying to clear a jam and the gun goes off and hits the guy next to you is that legal cause to sue the state over, the government is holding gun makers accountable for using their guns in a murder why would it not work the other way, one other piece of news I'd like to sure I don't watch the news much anymore but just happen to catch the last 10 minutes of 9 news about the down fall of the eagle population, they show the eagle with a fish that was caught and said do to the higher amount of lead is why the population is on the decline,then the news person said like the lead you find in ammunition never mind about a the crap they dumped into lakes rivers over the years mercury, I work in a marina half the people's boat leak oil ,gas ,but it's a due to ammo come on

·
Registered
172 Posts
I wouldn't mind the common sense gun laws it's the uncommon bull shi? that's going to get someone killed, by trying to get a jam out of a gun or grips you can't fully grip because it's not complaint, let me run this by some of you if someone had a accident trying to clear a jam and the gun goes off and hits the guy next to you is that legal cause to sue the state over, the government is holding gun makers accountable for using their guns in a murder why would it not work the other way, one other piece of news I'd like to sure I don't watch the news much anymore but just happen to catch the last 10 minutes of 9 news about the down fall of the eagle population, they show the eagle with a fish that was caught and said do to the higher amount of lead is why the population is on the decline,then the news person said like the lead you find in ammunition never mind about a the crap they dumped into lakes rivers over the years mercury, I work in a marina half the people's boat leak oil ,gas ,but it's a due to ammo come on
Problem is no one ever defines what common sense gun laws are.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I whole heartedly agree that the gun laws should be written so as to make a potential perp think twice before using a firearm to commit a crime. Unlawful, malicious intent and use should be dealt with and punished. We just need to be careful in wording such laws so there is no unintended spill over onto people who may get caught committing minor gun offenses or get involved in self defense situations where the circumstances can be debated or are unclear. I always cringe when I hear a politician say "common sense gun law". It seems those always put more burden on lawful gun owners and does nothing about unlawful use.
Before that would work you have to actually prosecute the criminals.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts