1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Sincere as a $5 funeral
1,620 Posts
The TSA is about as useful as the LAPD.

·
Sincere as a $5 funeral
1,620 Posts
And really, saying 95% is being generous. How many things can you think of that you would rely on AT ALL that had a 95% determined failure rate? It's a polite way of saying 100%.

·
Sincere as a $5 funeral
1,620 Posts
My mom had Firestone 500's on her Buick Riviera. We were going down the freeway at 70+ when the right rear spontaneously disassembled. The right rear quarter panel looked like it had been carved up with a hunting knife.

Somebody else here may have had an experience involving one of your other examples...

·
Sincere as a $5 funeral
1,620 Posts

·
Sincere as a $5 funeral
1,620 Posts
I hope that 95% of Americans aren't stupid but I ain't so sure anymore.
I knew that all hope was for naught once I read Hatcher's Notebook and had a metric to judge the crap I read in online gun forums. Have you found the word of the one great major general? Can I get a hallelujah?

"Let's all gather at the gas port..."

·
Sincere as a $5 funeral
1,620 Posts
Give the man a cigar and a bridge from cradle to grave!

·
Sincere as a $5 funeral
1,620 Posts

·
Sincere as a $5 funeral
1,620 Posts
I picked up an Ackley book recently. Home Gun Care and Repair, 1969. Excellent book. A friend of mine owns an Ackley built rifle, but I don't know enough about rifles to understand what that means.

I'm not a big fan of hunting books, but I did read Man Eaters Of Tsavo, which was excellent (But not by Capstick).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.