TRP Operator sights

Discussion in 'Springfield Armory M1911' started by Terminator23, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Terminator23

Terminator23 New Member

Has anyone swapped out the factory adjustable sights on their TRP for fixed sights? If so, which one have you used?

2. SA_Shooter

SA_Shooter Uno Ab Alto

What sort of sight package you looking for? Tritium night sights? Such as a Novak style?

Some of the cuts in the SA slides are different from model to model. Also, the cut in your TRP made to accommodate the low profile fully adjustable BoMar style sight is further forward than, say, the cut made to accommodate a shrouded Novak ALM03 tritium night site.

My recommendation is to check out BoMar and Novak to see if they have something that fits your TRP with the fully adjustable sight package.

Good luck!

3. Terminator23

Terminator23 New Member

I'm looking for a fixed tritium Novak style. I know 10-8 makes one, not sure who else. I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with it.

4. mgardner

mgardner New Member

I always use Dawson Precision. You can actually call them and get advice. Their sights come with a guarantee too shoot to point of aim. They will make custom front sights to your specs too.

5. SA_Shooter

SA_Shooter Uno Ab Alto

Dawson Precision does have some individual sights and sight sets but you'll want to verify the dimensions of the cut.

The Novak ALM 03 should also fit the rear just fine.

6. Terminator23

Terminator23 New Member

Thanks! Do I have to send them my slide for installation?

7. mgardner

mgardner New Member

Call them. They are a small shop in a little town and are more than happy to talk to you about what you'll need to do.

(866) 300-1911

johnjr likes this.