Trp operator full rail holster options

Discussion in 'Springfield Armory M1911' started by LEDSHOT0331, Jul 27, 2015.

1. LEDSHOT0331

LEDSHOT0331 New Member

Hello everyone, I have on order my first Springfield. It is a trp operator full rail. I am fairly new to the 1911 market. My dad has several Kimbers, I used to have a Kimber that simply didn't want to run, and I currently have a pre 80 series combat commander satin nickel that I refuse to carry due to the delicate finish. When I get my trp I fully plan on running it as hard as I can and carrying it as well, that being said can anyone please recommend a kydex holster for tactical shooting as well as a different holster for carry? My knowledge on holsters for rail guns is severely limited so any and all advice is appreciated. Thanks in advanced

2. pokute

pokute Sincere as a $5 funeral

Just for curiosity's sake, what use did you anticipate for the rail?

3. LEDSHOT0331

LEDSHOT0331 New Member

I prefer a heavier beefier pistol, I haven't really planned on using the rail for attachments of any kind

4. pokute

5. LEDSHOT0331

LEDSHOT0331 New Member

I have never seen those before, in addition to the size of the pistol I like the uncommonness of it and the different look as well, so it's a combination of a few things is the reason I selected it, those weight are a nice feature though, my uncle has a Kimber warrior who would like to get a weight....do you happen to know of any holsters that would fit the railed trp?

6. pokute

Sorry, I don't. I favor old-fashioned leather holsters that probably aren't much good for daily carry.

7. flechero

flechero New Member

Lots of holsters out there for rail guns... This one is a UBG holster with Shark trim. (4" LW Operator pictured but he does rail in full size guns as well.) Also they are very economical. Starting at $75 w/o the exotic trim/loops. Most of the custom makers do rail, just not rail with light or laser attached.

For Kydex, look at JW Custom Kydex, Comptac and BladeTech to start. (there are also many kydex options for rails)

Attached Files:

8. LEDSHOT0331

LEDSHOT0331 New Member

Flexhero, that holster is exactly the type of carry holster I am looking for, thank you for the information, I'll be placing an order with them asap

9. LEDSHOT0331

LEDSHOT0331 New Member

Flechero, auto correct messed ur name up haha

10. LEDSHOT0331

LEDSHOT0331 New Member

Flechero, I just got a UBG regulator with stingray trim ordered, thanks for the heads up, from what I've read UBG quality can't be beat for the price.....now the waiting begins ugh

11. flechero

flechero New Member

Well...

You should be very close or have just recently received your holster... you owe us a pic!

12. LEDSHOT0331

LEDSHOT0331 New Member

Couldn't be happier with both holster and trp, I'll try to post a couple pics

13. LEDSHOT0331

LEDSHOT0331 New Member

ImageUploadedBySpringfield Forum1446056320.863052.jpg
    Trp full rail and UBG

14. LEDSHOT0331

LEDSHOT0331 New Member

ImageUploadedBySpringfield Forum1446056382.924767.jpg
    Trp full rail and UBG

15. flechero

flechero New Member

Nice! Stingray is such a cool material- congrats on the pair!

16. LEDSHOT0331

LEDSHOT0331 New Member

Thank, I actually had the holster before the trp, it's ship date from Springfield got pushed back twice but it was worth the wait for sure.