Springfield Armory Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had purchased used a bit back but finally got around to field stripping for a good cleaning and lube.

The trigger group was pretty stiff to remove not like I am usually used to and once I had everything cleaned and lubed I went to put the trigger group back in. Here's where my problem became obvious.

The channel guide on the trigger housing has a few areas where it's burred, you can feel it with your finger and even see them and it won't drop back into the receiver channel cutout.

In the past when I've reinstalled the trigger group it has always just dropped in easily. This one won't drop in.

Have a gunsmith close by our house but wanted to check here to see if anyone has had any experience with a similar problem and if you needed a new housing or were able to smooth out the existing one with a soft metal file or some other solution.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well since I had many look but no reply I thought I would share the solution to my issue. There were a couple very small burrs on the trigger housing guide that slides into the receiver slot. After so very slow and careful filing by hand the assembly went in as it should. Kind of surprised at the views with no comments but thats the way it goes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts