Springfield Armory Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
498 Posts
Cds is my top carry 9mm

After MUCH research and time at the local gun shop, I came to 2 conclusions:
(1) there are many good EDC 9mm out there,
(2) all things considered, the XDs is the best for me.

Significant factors in my decision were: the grip safety (just enough safety; enough to prevent accidental discharge when holstering [if careful], but no safety to switch off in a defense situation), proven reliability, works with virtually any 9mm ammo, slim, fairly light, easy to conceal, accurate.

Major typo: I meant to say XDs, not CDs!

·
498 Posts
Great Collection! Plus a Question for All

That is a wonderful collection!

I, too, enjoy carrying different pieces at different times.

Yet, I have recently been persuaded by some trainers who recommend carrying the same gun all the time so that one's muscle memory can handle things in a stressful situation.

What do the members of this forum think: Do you think it's important to carry the same piece all the time?

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That is a wonderful collection!

I, too, enjoy carrying different pieces at different times.

Yet, I have recently been persuaded by some trainers who recommend carrying the same gun all the time so that one's muscle memory can handle things in a stressful situation.

What do the members of this forum think: Do you think it's important to carry the same piece all the time?

I carry different pistols depending on where I'm going and if I will be in a car for an extended period of time not too mention how I feel that day.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I carry three different ones depending on the time of year. When it's cold I always carry my Kimber 1911 Super Carry Pro. If it's really hot and t-shirt weather I pocket carry Sig P938. In between I Carry XDS.

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
When not working, my EDC is my Glock 43. When my attire doesn't permit that I ankle carry my Ruger LCP, which is also my BUG when working.

·
117 Posts
Glock 43, M&P 9C. Also have a Bersa BP9CC that I'm trying to form a bond with and work into the rotation. My new 4" EMP will be there also once I break her in and figure out what holster to purchase.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts