Springfield Armory Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,
I am from North Carolina, just completed my requirements for CCW and am anxiously awaiting the day it arrives in the mail. My current EDC is an XD (not mod 2) 9mm. I love everything about it. It is a great gun to fire and fits really nice in the hands. I feel quite comfortable with it.
Luckily, NC is an open carry state so even though I do not have the CCW yet, I can at least have the gun with me when I go out and travel around the state and in these uncertain times that is a peace of mind that money cannot buy.
I am originally from MA, where I could not even buy ammo for my 20Ga. shotgun, heck, I needed an FID card just to buy BB's. Forget ever getting a permit to carry. If you did not know the sheriff really well and were politically connected, it was not happening. Thank goodness I am in a state where they understand the rights of citizens to protect themselves.
Looking forward to reading and writing posts here.

That's all, going to go post a picture of my 9.

So long for now,
Kingman

·
456 Posts
Welcome. It's sad that a state like MA with such a rich patriotic history can become a place where people are denied basic rights. Glad you're now in NC. I wonder if states like MA take tourism into account when they deny people their rights. I don't vacation or spend money in states where I can't carry.

·
Registered
6,196 Posts
Welcome to the forum....I'm glad we have pretty liberal gun laws here in Indiana too,if it wasn't,I wouldn't live here.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice intro Kingman, good to have you join us.
What area of N.C. do you live ?
I live a little south of Raleigh. I work up at RTP in Durham and get a choice of some great firing ranges in my area. Kidd's in Holly Springs where there is a fantastic outdoor pistol range with mechanized targets is the only one I have tried yet, but going to a new one today. Will let you know how it was. Hoping to be able to do a video.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Lived in Asheville for about 8 years and really liked the area.
Wife and I still go back to visit several times a year.
We all like pics and videos.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts