Threaded Barrels for the XDS-4.0's

Discussion in 'Springfield Armory XD' started by JeremyMcG, Jan 31, 2015.

1. JeremyMcG

JeremyMcG Diapers or Ammo??

I contacted Gemtec, Stormlake, and a few other manufacturers to find a threaded barrel for my XDS-4.0 .45 - and all said no plans....

Then I received this, yesterday from Bar-Sto:

"Jeremy, thank you for contacting us, unfortunately we have not yet begun production on the XD-S line from Springfield Armory. We do have plans to make them and we should start seeing them soon, but I really don't have a solid tentative date at this time.

Customer Service
    Hours: Monday-Thursday, 9am-4pm MST
    Bar-Sto Precision Machine
    3571 Hansen Ave.
    Sturgis SD 57785
    Tel:605.720.4000
    Fax:605.720.4003
    Web: www.barsto.com
    Email: [email protected]"

So, whoooo hoooooo! They are coming!!!!

2. pokute

pokute Sincere as a $5 funeral

Hold on just a sec... So, you're planning on OWB carry of a supressed XD... With a suit? I think I saw you in a movie once. Or twice.

3. JeremyMcG

Hahahaha. Nooooooo.....

I've got a can for .45. And since I'm getting the XDS-4.0 .45 I simply want the ability to toss the can on it for backyard fun (I live in a farm).

I don't intend on carrying a suppressor for a CCW around with me - but I want the ability to use he can I have with all the guns I can use it with.

Also, I like the extra .75" to the length of the barrel. I opted for the 4" over the 3.3 for the same reason.

While adding a threaded barrel won't increase the sight radius any (as did the longer frame of the 4" v. the 3.3") it will help bring back some of the velocity I lose from having a compact gun in .45.

The FPS I gained back from the 4" over the 3.3" should be around 60 FPS & adding another 3/4th inch to that should bring me back --close-- to a full 100 FPS over the 3.3.

4. pokute

I am a full 10000fps jealous. I am sure I'll never get a chance to fire a supressed gun here in CA.

5. JeremyMcG

Not XDS related but here is a video I made last year of me shooting some subsonic 5.56 I made with my AR... Off the back deck of my house. :).

Suppressed

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7JJSZCWIAg[/ame]

6. gumpy

gumpy Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Kool

7. pokute

8. JeremyMcG

Doesn't cycle. And charging the AR makes more noise than shooting it. I've effectively turned my AR into a bolt action.

However - being able to shoot from my back deck without waking up my 20 month old while she takes a nap in the room behind the deck.... Well, that's just priceless.

9. shinyhalo

shinyhalo New Member

XDS threaded barrel

I would love to buy a threaded barrel for my XDS 3.3 or even just an XDS 4.0 barrel and thread it myself...or even a barrel from another gun that would work in the XDS 3.3

The initial barsto announcement of XDS barrels was made back in 2012 so don't hold your breath. Three years later they still don't have any

10. pokute

You mean, of course, so that you could legally attach a suppressor, not so that you can get three squares, TV privileges, and free laundry.

Keep in mind that a component suppressor on a pistol blocks the sights. Integrally suppressed guns can be designed with suppressors that are very efficient, and don't interfere with the sights. Ruger made a dandy.

And welcome to the forum!!