There's Another 1911 On The Way

Discussion in 'Springfield Armory M1911' started by SA_Shooter, Feb 10, 2016.

1. SA_Shooter

SA_Shooter Uno Ab Alto

I've been mulling this over for some time and realized I was just wasting time because I was gonna do it regardless. :p

So there's another SA 1911 on the way.

More info and pictures later after it arrives.

2. squirrelhunter

squirrelhunter Well-Known Member

Good deal.........I love pictures ;).

3. Teddybear

Teddybear Member

They're kinda habit forming aint they!!!

4. SA_Shooter

SA_Shooter Uno Ab Alto

Yes, they are. :)

5. squirrelhunter

Guns in general are habit forming to me. :D

6. SA_Shooter

SA_Shooter Uno Ab Alto

It's not a bad habit to have, ya know. Much better for ya that other things!

7. SA_Shooter

SA_Shooter Uno Ab Alto

Got confirmation that it will be shipped via UPS 2nd Day Air. It hasn't left GrabAGun yet so I probably won't see it until early next week.

8. SA_Shooter

SA_Shooter Uno Ab Alto

Picked it up tonight after work:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
  9. SA_Shooter

SA_Shooter Uno Ab Alto

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
  10. squirrelhunter

All I see are boxes with pink Xs on them.

11. SA_Shooter

SA_Shooter Uno Ab Alto

OK...how about now?

12. Birddogyz

Birddogyz Moderator

I can see them. Congrats!

13. nolaguy83

nolaguy83 New Member

Can you tell me some of the specs on the trophy match? I haven't seen it on their website

14. nolaguy83

nolaguy83 New Member

It looks pretty similar to a TRP from not mistaken but it's a beautiful gun what does something like that run you if you don't mind me asking

15. SA_Shooter

SA_Shooter Uno Ab Alto

Full Size, 45ACP, 5" Barrel, Steel Frame, Stainless Finish, Bo-Mar Adjustable Sights, Titanium firing pin. Forged frame & slide. Lightweight adjustable speed trigger. Trigger pull specially tuned for competition at 5 to 6 lbs. Carry bevel treatment. Cocobolo double diamond pattern grips. Torx head grip screws. Captive dual recoil spring assembly. High-Hand beavertail grip safety. Ambidextrous thumb safety. Front strap checkering 20 lpi, rear strap checkering 30 lpi.

Pricing I saw was:

GunBroker: $1255 to $1475 (completed auctions)

Bud's Gun Shop: $1048

Grab A Gun: $1032

Gallery of Guns: No listing

Got this one from my LGS. Customer order, never completed the deal.

16. Steve

Steve Member

That's a beauty SA, congrats. After you get some range time on it I would appreciate you're evaluation of the trigger. I recently got a TRP and to be honest the trigger has some creepy spots that I was hoping would have worked out by now but they persist. Well over 1k rounds at this point.

Steve

17. SA_Shooter

SA_Shooter Uno Ab Alto

I can do that, Steve. I plan on putting the first 50 or 100 through it this weekend. We'll see how the trigger feels.

18. nolaguy83

nolaguy83 New Member

Steve I find many of the 1911 Springfield that I have handled had a smidgen of creep. The best thing to do is tear it down and work on your sear and check your hammer hooks and their engagement or send it to Springfield but I did mine spent 275 and get all of the creep eliminated and a brand new trigger job

19. Steve

Steve Member

nola,

That is the reason I was asking, my TRP trigger was horrible from the factory. After spending some time with the hammer and sear on the side of the frame to look at the engagement I had to change the sear angle just a tad to eliminate the creep. The hammer hooks also needed a little stoning to smooth things up but the sear required the most work. I was able to obtain a very crisp 3 1/2 pound trigger with no issues, I am planning on bumping the trigger to as close to 4 Lb as I can get it. I guess with MIM parts that is what you get.

Steve

20. nolaguy83

nolaguy83 New Member

Very true. Honestly after being without my Long Beach for 3 weeks now I kind of regret it. I could have lived with the little bit of creep that it did have. However now I think I'm going to be really satisfied because there's nothing I can do to get it back sooner. But if you can do without it just let them fool with it. I did a little bit of stoning myself but without a jig I ended up taking it down to a point that wasn't safe