Springfield Armory Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Uno Ab Alto
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I promised pictures when I took delivery of the new AR. So here it is, my new Ruger SR556 Takedown:

I kinda like the Magpul furniture

Got it all inspected, lubed and put together tonight. Tomorrow I have an optic to put on it, a Vortex Viper PST 1-4x24 with the illuminated MOA reticle. I'll get pics of that when I'm done.

·
Uno Ab Alto
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got the Vortex Viper PST 1x4 - 24 mounted this afternoon. I ended up removing the rear BUIS to get the correct eye relief with the best feeling stock length.

I can co-witness the top third of the front BUIS with no problem. The reticle looks fantastic, illuminated or non-illuminated and I am very pleased with that optic.

Got a few goodies coming in the next week or two that I'll add to give me the functionality I want to have.

In the meantime, more pics!

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Congrats on the new AR,

That is a really good lookin machine.

Ive heard nothing but good stuff about that SR .

Jim

·
Uno Ab Alto
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I like it.
To bad we live the length of the country apart or we could shoot each others for comparison.
I have a Windham Arms CF SRC model AR with Magpul junk and a Sig Tac scope.
Now that would be fun!

How do you like your Windham Arms rifle?

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Now that would be fun!

How do you like your Windham Arms rifle?
Yep, we would need a minimum of 2K rds.
As far as the Windham I'm happy with it.
5.85 lbs without any accessories, a chrome lined barrel which is a plus and after zeroing hitting out to about 400 yds on a fairly regular basis and to me that's accurate for a 16inch barrel.
With good mags it fired about any ammo you could think of without any FTF or FTE's and it's fun to shoot.

·
Uno Ab Alto
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nice, threeT.

Mine will get it's first rounds fired through it this weekend. A friend has an outdoor range membership and will be hosting me. I'll reciprocate with hosting him at the indoor range I belong to for a little pistol fun.

Hopefully the last of my accessories get here so I can go to the range pretty well equipped!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts