Springfield Armory Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

One HEAD SHOT between the eyes with 9mm Federal 124 grain HST +P at 25 yards dropped this Wild Boar in it's tracks.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Apologies, one shot stopped it in its tracks implies it was moving? Moving fast at you or sideways? Between the eyes, the thickest part of the skull? A very small area. So you carry no rifle? Just in case, only your 9mm? Yes it's a small boar, however. So shooting boar, and they come in all sizes is your sport using a 9mm. Ok. Tuskers are big and angry and i have seen a .243 round bounce off their skull. Well done.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I see smoked ham and bacon in your future! Maybe some pulled pork BBQ. Good shot.
No he is now 85 Pounds of Southern Hot Sausage Links and was donated to a needy man and his family , In Just one Years time according to the butcher I have donated 1,795 pounds of processed pork meat to feed the needy .One Large Hog yields 2 racks of ribs , 26 pork chops , 2 Boston Buts , 2 Hams , 2 ham hocks and about 25- 35 Pounds of ground Pork Sausage meat. That Sow was made into all sausage because the needy man who paid for the processing wanted it that way . None of my Hogs I eradicate go to waste unless they are Big Giant Titanic Hogs they get buried 6 feet deep with the back hoe. This is what I call Titanic Big this is a 585 Pound Sow .Hogzilla was over 1000 pounds so you can just imagine how big he was compared with the 585 pound Sow below .So heavy it broke the tailgate cables .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts