The hard, hard life of a LGS salesman in Kalifornia

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by pokute, Dec 13, 2014.

1. pokute

pokute Sincere as a $5 funeral

I was hanging out with the counter ninjas in my favorite LGS, talking with them about the 1000% increase in gun sales over the last three years. One guy told me "It's not all puppies and roses - We have to fill out paperwork for every one of those sales! We ran out of copier paper already this week!". And no, he was not being ironic... But I sure am.

Actually, all the guys (and gals) in my go-to LGS, Bain and Davis in San Gabriel, are first rate. On the rare occasion that somebody complains about the service, they get serious and fix the problem instead of getting angry and defensive. A real contrast with most of the stores around L.A.

2. gumpy

gumpy Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I used to be a Quality Assurance Manager in a Mobile Home Plant. Probably the frustration level of being a LGS in California is about par with that job! Lol.

3. pokute

pokute Sincere as a $5 funeral

I think I heard about that job. That's where you have to burn some old love letters on the stove, flush some old love letters down the potty, get drunk and throw everything around, and then use the propane tank for target practice, all day long, over and over, right? And you gave up a job like that? Are you crazy?! Just because you had to sign off on the QA form before you could go home and sleep it off??!!

Yes, just like the guy at my LGS!