The Evolution of My Saint Edge

Discussion in 'Springfield Armory AR-15 - The Saint' started by Devious6, May 6, 2018.

1. Devious6

Devious6 Member

I've been trying out various configurations for my Edge. Tried several slings - ended up with an Edgar Sherman Design that I like. Have a Bi-pod for bench shooting and picked up a vertical fore grip that sports both a light and a laser. One thing I learned on my first outing with the red dot sight was that a minor problem I had with my right eye - a sign of growing older - really impacted the clarity in that eye. So, I ended up putting on a Vortex VMX-3T magnifier behind my Strikefire II. Super frustrating since I used to shoot Vintage Sniper competitions with a Soviet M91/30 Mosin Nagant sniper with a standard 3X scope at ranges between 300 and 1000 yards.

I also moved from the Springfield soft case to a Plano 42" hard case. I'm very happy with the case - much better protection, locks and can hold a lot. I found it on Amazon for something like $76 when the 36" case was $90. Go figure.

Plano 42 Case 2.jpg

2. CPTKILLER

CPTKILLER Senior Member

It looks nice.

Devious6 likes this.

3. Zevon45

Zevon45 New Member

Nice setup. Was hoping to get an Edge in a few months but now have to put in a new HVAC system. Oh well

4. Joshua Card

Joshua Card New Member

Hello all. New member and owner of edge. My first ar after trying out friends and relatives. Pretty pleased.

So far only added the foregrip and some rail covers to divert some heat and a new grip that fits hand just a little better but wasn't needed 20180511_203712.jpg

Devious6 likes this.
  5. Devious6

Devious6 Member

Welcome to the forum! What type of sight did you put on it?

6. Joshua Card

Joshua Card New Member

Bushnell trs-25. Will upgrade soon but had that laying around and got it for a steal. Works well enough for me.

Devious6 likes this.