The 1911 Sure Is Fun

Discussion in 'Springfield Armory M1911' started by Willieboy, Jul 11, 2015.

1. Willieboy

Willieboy Angry Old White Guy

Guys, during my long life, I've owned two 1911s. The first was a Colt Government model and the second was a Combat Commander, both in .45acp. I have not had a 1911 for forty years. Been a dedicated Glock guy for many years and have no regrets for loving Glocks. They are just a great gun... but they are so boring.

Last week I ordered a Ranger Officer Compact and I am unbelievably stoked. Now I can buy so many accessories to gussy the gun up and make it my own. I plan to purchase several sets of grips for the RO and actually change them from time to time to suit my mood. Thank God for grip screws. I am ambivalent about the front fiber optic sight, so I may replace it at some point.

Anyway, it is going to be fund having a gun that lends it self to changes the owner believes are improvements.

I'll also get some grip tape for the front strap and

2. pokute

pokute Sincere as a $5 funeral

Woah. No 1911 for 40 years?! Were you frozen in permafrost or something?

3. Geezer

Geezer New Member

No wonder he's an angry old white guy.

4. pokute

I couldn't last a week without a 1911. I'd probably have those, what do yer call 'em, phantom pains. Why, I have a ball disco mounted on my living room ceiling.

5. Geezer

Geezer New Member

A "ball disco mounted on my living room ceiling"? Ain't it kinda hard to reach way up there? And just what does a ball disco do, anyway? Wait, that's OK, I'm not sure I want to know.

6. pokute

Ball disco (not as much fun as a disco ball for most folks):

Attached Files: