Springfield Armory Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So when I bought my M1A a couple of years ago I had to settle for a black synthetic stock. I really wanted the walnut stock. I bought a used M14 stock that was in ok shap for just $35 and my action and barrel fit just fine. The trigger assembly would not lock, it looks too short. So being the dummy that I am bought a brand new stock thinking that would do the trick. No such luck. I have the same problem. Is there a different trigger assembly for the the walnut stocked M1A’s or is the action different as well?? Someone please advise my dumb self and educate me on this.

· Registered
5 Posts
Hello I hope I am not in the same dilemma as you guys. I just acquired the same model as originator of this post . Now you guys have me worried . I have an original military surplus stock on order with cartouches and the defense authorization stamp in the stock , I am hoping you guys are doing it wrong ! But I know you probably are not. The trigger housing has to go in a specific way which I will have to relearn . Here is the link to the stock set I purchased its a one man show, and he claims to have the largest M14 stock inventory . I'll let you know how it went with me but his lag time is 3 weeks due to his volume. Got a Flash hider w/ bayonet lug off SARCO for $34.95 , $45 and change w/ S&H . And purchased a nice correct web sling on EBAY for the M!A. Hope all works well for you , and me also !

https://www.treelinem14.com

· Registered
5 Posts
So when I bought my M1A a couple of years ago I had to settle for a black synthetic stock. I really wanted the walnut stock. I bought a used M14 stock that was in ok shap for just $35 and my action and barrel fit just fine. The trigger assembly would not lock, it looks too short. So being the dummy that I am bought a brand new stock thinking that would do the trick. No such luck. I have the same problem. Is there a different trigger assembly for the the walnut stocked M1A’s or is the action different as well?? Someone please advise my dumb self and educate me on this.
My stock arrived today I had the exact same problem . I finally figured it out . Insert the trigger assembly in first , then attach the stock to the receiver and it fell right in ! I hope it works for you . Do everything by the book , just insert the trigger assembly into the stock first .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts