Springfield Armory Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Shottime
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings folks. Had an interesting conversation with a tech from Springfield about possible solutions to the XDS'S 45 3.3's tendency to have a stiff recoil spring. I read somewhere in this forum that it was suggested that perhaps locking the slide open and leaving it that way might loosen up the spring. The tech said, and I quote, "That idea of locking open the slide and leaving it that way made the tech departments day! We never heard of anything like that!" I will defer to the experts here. But it seemed like a good ideal to me!

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
A few days ago, I racked the slide 125 times. My hand still hurts but my xds 45 cooked right through every round without a malfunction. I'm happy!

After shooting about 200 rds it should be well broken in. Some say you don't need to have a break in but I believe you need to put that many at least to check the functioning of the parts, not to mention the bonding with your pistol..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.