Springfield xd 4" 16 rnd

Discussion in 'Springfield Armory XD' started by brcornell, Aug 16, 2015.

1. brcornell

brcornell New Member

I'm gonna be joining the firearms world in a few days. The wife gave me the kitchen pass to go but my first gun. I'm looking to get a springfield xd with the 4" barrel. I'm 6'2" and 155 lbs. I want to use it as an edc do you think it will be hard to conceal a gun that size?

2. pokute

pokute Sincere as a $5 funeral

Welcome to the forum! A lot of the forum members daily carry (I don't).

3. Tex8390

Tex8390 New Member

Welcome to the gun world, sir!

And no... It won't be hard. I'm 5'11" and carry a 4.5" XDM .45 with 13 round double stack mags everyday, even at work. Depending on what you wear it may print a bit, but that shouldn't be an issue depending on your states laws.
    ImageUploadedBySpringfield Forum1440586289.373588.jpg

4. brcornell

brcornell New Member

@tex8390 thanks for the info. I actually decided to go with the xd 3 inch sub compact because the gun store had it on sale and I was able to get more goodies.

5. brcornell

brcornell New Member

Where did you get that holster though that is nice.

6. Tex8390

Tex8390 New Member

Thanks! I have a retired Marine here locally that makes them. His turn around time is a bit long, but it's worth the wait. Plus, it really keeps the gun tucked in to minimize printing. Check him out at www.b4gear.net

7. brcornell

brcornell New Member

I need that because I work on a university campus and where a lot of business attire.

8. markmc99

markmc99 Do or Not There is No Try

I Pocket carry mine with a Boraii.com kydex pocket holster. I usually wear jeans, slacks are a bit of a problem. Ruger LCP 380 works well with slacks.

9. dondavis3

dondavis3 dondavis3

The XD9 subcompact Mod 2 is a wonderful carry piece IMHO

:cool: