Springfield Service

Discussion in 'Springfield Armory XD' started by daddyflea, Aug 17, 2016.

1. daddyflea

daddyflea New Member

Just wondering what experiences you have had with Springfield service? I have called twice and left messages but no return call.

Not saying any thing bad about Springfield but I used to recommend them over Glocks. I used to be a concealed Carry Instructor for Civilians and gave it up after getting my LE Instructors certificate. Now I am having second thoughts after all the problems with my XDS with no returned phone calls.

2. CAV_Scout

CAV_Scout New Member

"Minor" exposure = 6 contacts
    2 phone calls, waited apx 2 min for each, then person handled the questions & sent me free part for conclusion.
    2 emails, for details on gun order, were handled quickly and correctly.
    1 return item for repair...handled quickly and correctly.
    1 mail order for support equip . . . .handled quickly.

whatz going on with the pistol?

3. daddyflea

daddyflea New Member

Two calls to Springfield in one week, No return calls. No contact at all so far. I figured the Pistol was worthless like it was. $300 trade in from Dealer on a Week old Pistol so one less Dealer who will get my business. Got out my Dremmel Tool with a Felt Wheel. Polished Feed Ramp, all around Throat, spent some time under the two squares over the Throat on the barrel. Shot it last night. Trigger still bites but 0 issues even with some 230gr TC reloads.

4. Bludog

Bludog New Member

I'm a little disappointed. Sent my wife's Walther for repair the same day I sent my XDS in. Got the Walther back yesterday. I called Springfield yesterday and they told me I have to wait 10 business days before I can call them back to check status. Kinda scary!

5. CAV_Scout

CAV_Scout New Member

Its called TOO darn busy. Most gun mfg's are being stretched thin, but don't want to expand
    in help, sq ftage, or equip, simply, Business is booming but this election is the real scary thing.

ordered 3ea new mags for the 4" emp 40. It took a pinch over three week !

Last edited: Sep 16, 2016
  6. Bludog

Bludog New Member

I run a business with the same issues of growth. I understand, and get it. It just sucked eating crow from my wife. I know all of my Springfields are better guns than any Walthers!

7. daddyflea

daddyflea New Member

All I know is the fact they will never sell another gun to me or my family. If they are too busy to return calls they are too busy to make decent guns.

8. Bludog

Bludog New Member

If I didn't love my other to Springfields, I would be disappointed.

9. Badnews

Badnews New Member

happy with service

called service dept today answered call right away. solved my problem on the spot. Happy so far love my springfields