Springfield Armory Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
just purchased a new Hellcat (it should arrive in a week or so) and went on an online search to buy some spare parts so I could start tinkering the minute it arrived. And I know that it would be best to leave things as they are, but I have a terrible affliction that makes me want to modify nearly anything mechanical I get my hands on. What I found however is that there are no places that sell stock replacement parts, at least not that I could find. I have a few Glocks and stock parts for these are plentiful and easy to find in a multitude of locations. Are Springfields in general and Hellcats in particular not well supported by dealers? Will I have to resort to used parts on ebay? Or am I just not looking in the right places?

Thanks, Oliver

·
351 Posts
Not sure why you'd want stock parts at this point. There are places that sell aftermarket parts, ie trigger kits, sights, etc.
Why don't you resist the urge to start buying parts until you've handled and shot the weapon and then change what you don't like.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I dry fired a Hellcat in a store and was a bit disappointed at the trigger feel. Granted, I think that I am a bit of a trigger snob, but I very much enjoy doing the modifications myself rather than replacing parts with aftermarket parts. As an example, all my Glocks are between 2.3# and 2.7# trigger pull weight, with short reset and almost no pre/over travel, and that is done with mostly stock parts. I am reasonably certain that something similar can be accomplished with the Hellcat. But it will take experimentation, which means that there is a good chance that some part will become unsafe/inoperable. Thank you for the two websites, but they only show aftermarket triggers, not factory. But I will call them on monday to double check.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts