Springfield Armory Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched for an existing thread for my question, but it was 7 years old.

I am considering buying the Springfield Loaded Target 1911 for just that, target shooting. I enjoy Bullseye Shooting, and the "Target" seems to be similar to, but better than, Springfield's now discontinued Range Officer guns.

I already have two 1911's, a Les Baer Premiere II, and a Salyer/Springfield 45 Wad Gun.

For those of you who have and shoot one, how good is the "Loaded Target" in today's world? Are there any modifications you found you needed to make? Will it retain its accuracy over time?

I know if I want to compete in Bullseye, I'll need to send it off to a gunsmith to make the changes that are usually done for Bullseye 1911 guns, but I'm buying this gun mostly to shoot at paper targets for enjoyment.

Any thoughts or advice?

(I just bought the Springfield SA-35 a month ago, but it is now back at Springfield - I believe it has one or more defective parts. Maybe I should have just bought the 1911 back then, and forgot about how badly I thought I wanted a High Power clone.)

·
Registered
218 Posts
Since no one has answered you yet, I'll give my two cents so take it for what it's worth.
I own a Springfield Range Office Operator and mine has been flawless out of the box.
Your best bet is to probably google Rob Leatham and check out his videos, he tells it like it is.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, that video was interesting, but it took him 6 shots to take down five large balloons. I would have preferred to see him shooting at a standard bullseye target. But again, thank you for replying!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh well !!
I guess even professionals are not perfect.
Or, was he "better" than the gun? Without a target, who knows.
He's a famous shooter, and I've read or watched other things from him.

Maybe nobody thought anyone would notice, but I was counting shots, and thought I messed up with my count. Nope.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts