Springfield Armory Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just returned from the range after putting my new Hellcat through the paces.
Hellcat preformed flawlessly. Loved the sights. Fit hand as expected. Accuracy was as expected.
The only disappointment was in loading the magazines. Not bragging but of the all the pistols I own, this was the worst of the lot. They were almost impossible to load, sharp edges. Extremely disappointed. Any one considering purchasing definitely needs a loader.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hellcat preformed flawlessly. Loved the sights. Fit hand as expected. Accuracy was as expected.
The only disappointment was in loading the magazines. Not bragging but of the all the pistols I own, this was the worst of the lot. They were almost impossible to load, sharp edges. Extremely disappointed. Any one considering purchasing definitely needs a loader.
Mine was the same way, bought a loader but the mags seem to have loosened up and I don’t need it anymore, had it about 8 months

·
Registered
150 Posts
Mine were a bear to load also, especially with my arthritic hands. I use my UpLula-problem solved.

Reactions: DeckArtist

·
Registered
181 Posts
You can always cut one coil of the spring and file the edges very lightly with sandpaper. Works all the time and after years still works. Mag loaders work but that is not the solution.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Same for my Hellcat,yesterday was it's maiden voyage,agree with the above posters thoughts on the arm, mine seems to shoot laser beams as to accuracy.
SA should put Maglula coupons in the literature that comes in the zippered case because loading the magazines is that much of a chore, other than that for myself I've found the perfect CCW arm.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes, I love the Hellcat too. I took it to the range for my first time and it performed well and I’m a novice. But yes I found it very difficult to load the mags. I’ll use my speed loader from now on.

·
Registered
2021 Springfield Hellcat 9mm
5 Posts
Love mine as well. PERFECT size for my hands and love the 15 round mags. If I got another pistol, it would be a fun toy rather than a carry pistol. The Hellcat is the only one I will be carrying with me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Love mine as well. PERFECT size for my hands and love the 15 round mags. If I got another pistol, it would be a fun toy rather than a carry pistol. The Hellcat is the only one I will be carrying with me.
I think shooting with the13 or 15 round magazine will give me a better pinky grip. I shot with the standard 10 round mag and did not feel I had a real secure grip though I shot reasonably well. Just dry firing with the new 15 round mag inserted my grip felt better.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The 15 rounders are a real PITA and my Uplula didn't help at all because it just makes the front of the follower tilt downward. I have to "bite the bullet" and load them manually.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The 15 rounders are a real PITA and my Uplula didn't help at all because it just makes the front of the follower tilt downward. I have to "bite the bullet" and load them manually.
I load the first round by hand and from there on out the uplula works perfect but that's just me.

·
496 Posts
Has anyone tried the loader that comes with the Hellcat?

I load all mags to one under capacity so have never had any loading issues with Hellcat mags.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I have for years always when getting a new pistol or magazine cutting 1/2 a coil off or even a full one. IT has no effect on reliability or any other aspect. I have a CZ magazine from 2010 and it has a full coil cut of and it functions perfectly. I usually on match pistols change the mag spring every few years.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mine came with a loader in the box and I use it after loading the 1st round, makes loading the mag a lot easier. I have the OSP with manual safety.
I grip it like this with my left hand and push down on the top with my right hand thumb and fingers on the bottom for more grip and leverage. I can load all 11 and 13 no problem. Don’t have a 15 so I can’t test it out.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts