Springfield Armory Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see that Springfield Armory is now offering their 911 in 9mm.
I like it in 9mm, because I don't want to invest in another caliber, but for a pocket pistol MSRP seems a bit pricey for a pocket pistol.
I'll wait to see the actual selling price in the shops.
Any thoughts??

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just a follow-up on my post.
I just left a grand opening of a new gun shop/range near me and the Springfield rep was there with all the new toys.
I handled a 911 for the first time.
Question for those who have or shot one their thoughts.
I heard at first they had issues, so I would like some input.
The did have a great sale price on a Sig 365 for comparison.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I am actually surprised that when wanting to purchase a pistol, irrespective of the manufacturer that price is even a distinct consideration. All things i have found over the years are "you get what you pay for", seldom is there an exception. There are to me certain brands that i consider to be best as paper weights or door stops. Some brands are totally overpriced for what is given and others wanting to break into a market offer a great deal. Having said that if i am being honest is that some are great carry pistols and others a better competition pistol. Others still will fulfil all rolls at a great price and reliability. Without 100% reliability you have nothing. Also owning a great, reliable pistol without constant training and using your new or long held pistol of choice, again it counts for nothing. So getting what you paid for is a mute point. Yes you own a pistol but when on the one occasion you need it there are issues. In that scenario you are now dead and at best you will be remembered as being a nice person. Price is meaningless, and yes there are tens of thousands of great pistols, used that are there for the taking. Great prices, run in and functioning well and tick all the boxes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Good day all, I work in the hunting dept. of a big box store behind the gun counter. The 911 in .380 feels good in the hand and can hardly wait for the 9mm to arrive, however I tell my customers to try different types of grips to find the one that fits their hand the best. The 911 is a little small in my hand, I went from a Walther PP in .380 to a XDS in .45. With any new pistol my standard rule is to fire a total of 400 rds with no hicupps. Monthly practice is recommended, to know your weapon. On average I fire 150rds a week testing new and older firearms.

·
Supporting Member
7 Posts
Purchased two 911 in .380 last month. Her’s would never chamber a round. Never fired a shot. Exchanged at the gun club and haven’t been back on the range (so still hasn’t been fired).

My 911 has been fine any may have 300 rounds through it. Whatever hiccups Ive had I’ll blame on the Fiochii ammo and some to run in, but as I haven’t tried another line of ammo yet I won’t say the Gunn is the problem. There is no problem. I really like the gun app look forward to learning to live with it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have just sent my 911 back to Springfield for the third time. Before I say anything else let me point out that their customer service is as good as any I've encountered. However I think the pistol has design flaws. The problem this time is a small pin (I think it's the trigger pi,) directly above the trigger in the frame and just below the center of the slide stop. The pin keeps coming out from right to left. So far I've caught it before it came all the way out of the right side of the frame. I'm in my eighties and have been carrying the 911 since it doesn't hurt my hip. However, I'm now afraid that if i ever have to use it (That ranks right up there with me being elected Pope.) it might not function. That would be embarrassing since if i had to throw it at someone there's not much weight to it. This past time when I spoke with customer service they mentioned replacing the gun. I hope that works out.
One suggestion: don't get a 911. While you might get a good one you might get one like mine. Springfield has a lot of other very good pistols.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I have just sent my 911 back to Springfield for the third time. Before I say anything else let me point out that their customer service is as good as any I've encountered. However I think the pistol has design flaws. The problem this time is a small pin (I think it's the trigger pi,) directly above the trigger in the frame and just below the center of the slide stop. The pin keeps coming out from right to left. So far I've caught it before it came all the way out of the right side of the frame. I'm in my eighties and have been carrying the 911 since it doesn't hurt my hip. However, I'm now afraid that if i ever have to use it (That ranks right up there with me being elected Pope.) it might not function. That would be embarrassing since if i had to throw it at someone there's not much weight to it. This past time when I spoke with customer service they mentioned replacing the gun. I hope that works out.
One suggestion: don't get a 911. While you might get a good one you might get one like mine. Springfield has a lot of other very good pistols.
Good to hear that Springfield may replace the pistol. However they are not the only pistols with a similar firing pin problem. The CZ SP01 has the same issues. As the firing pin spring is beveled at one end the pin works its way lose. I purchased an aftermarket pin and now that has solved the problem at very little cost. I have a friend who is s gunsmith and he said he could have made one replacement pin in a few minutes, so if there is a gunsmith near you, speak to him.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts