Springfield 1911 Loaded Target 9mm

Discussion in 'Springfield Armory M1911' started by jiminaz, Feb 20, 2015.

1. jiminaz

jiminaz New Member

I'm new to the Springfield forum. Although new to this forum I'm not new to shooting. I own several pistols and shoot on a regular basis. I'm thinking of purchasing the Springfield 1911 Loaded Target 9mm Stainless Steel Pistol. I would love to hear from those of you that own this gun. I want to hear the good, the bad and the ugly if it exists. I intend to use it for target shooting. Thanks in advance.

2. dale17

dale17 New Member Lifetime Supporter

I received the pistol about which you are asking as a Christmas gift from my wife this past December. Yup she's a terrific spouse and I am very lucky. I have 350 rounds through the pistol. The pistol has been flawless. It is terrific to shoot. It is an accurate shooter. It's well built as has been every other Springfield 1911 I have ever seen. (I also own a TRP and my neighbor has an MC Operator.) I too use the 9mm 1911 as a target pistol. It's been great and I highly recommend it. The only downside is the two piece full length guide-rod. The need for the allen wrench to take down the pistol is, well, a pain; a needless extra step.

Attached Files:

3. squirrelhunter

squirrelhunter Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard,you ought to swing up to the introductions forum and say howdy formally :D. Uh,we like pictures too. ;)

4. pokute

pokute Sincere as a $5 funeral

Welcome! Are you going to be rolling your own? I tried somebody's handloads made with 147gr Zero Bullets over 5.4gr Power Pistol and they were super accurate at 50 yards. Note that that load exceeds Alliant's recommendations, but is a common load to get 1000+fps out of the 147gr bullet.

5. dale17

dale17 New Member Lifetime Supporter

Pokute, every time you post something I learn something new. Thanks.

6. jiminaz

jiminaz New Member

Probably not. I've been shooting a lot of 115 & 124 grain RN in several different brands as well as 124gr Hornady XTP in my EDC pistol. I save all my brass and plan on reloading at some point but for now factory ammo will do. Right now I don't have a place to set up a reloading bench, but I'm working on it.

7. squirrelhunter

squirrelhunter Well-Known Member

The Hornady XTPs are great bullets,I use them in about all my handguns.

8. pokute

My loading bench is a half sheet of heavy plywood screwed down to two sawhorses. A few lead bricks hold it to the floor when I'm sizing big cases, and I turn it around and use it to cast and lube.

The RCBS Summit press (small footprint, big power) and Uniflow Powder Measure could be used to set up a 3'x2' loading bench. Of course, if you're only loading one caliber, a Dillon Square Deal will git-er-done (my shooting partner has a whole platoon of them).

Last edited: Feb 22, 2015
  9. pokute

Aw, shucks :eek: