Soooooo disappointed! Mag release issue

Discussion in 'Springfield Armory XD' started by Bludog, Sep 21, 2016.

1. Bludog

Bludog New Member

I sent my XDS back 2 weeks ago the same day I sent my wife's Walther back for service. After 3 days Walther sent me an email saying they received the gun and within 1 week it was returned and repaired. I call Springfield the day the Walther came back and was told that I would have to call back within 10 days and they could update me. They couldn't even tell me if they received my gun! Well ok, not great customer service, but I love these guns. So today I get an email with an invoice saying there is no problem with the gun? Really! They never even called me to ask me about it. I'm sorry Springfield, but that sucks! Why would I waste my time and effort to send a gun back if I didn't truly believe there was an issue. Why wouldn't you call me Springfield? WHY? Guess I will have to just fix it my self! There is even a YouTube video on the magazine release fix!! Better yet, time to sell it and by a better gun!!

2. Bludog

Bludog New Member

Walther and SA pretty much use the same method to ship. I left a detailed letter describing the issue. When the gun comes back I'll see
    If they just looked at it or actually took it apart. Sounds like my only choice
    Now is to get rid of it! I can't have a carry gun that a mag release jams on! I also have calls into customer service and hope to hear back from them today. Here is the issue I am having. https://youtu.be/0u8nOnXbt1A

3. Bludog

Bludog New Member

Reply to the release saga! Got the gun back. Mag release now working. Can't explain it. Doesn't look like any one drove out any roll pins.