Springfield Armory Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have other full size 1911’s so am familiar with re assembling the slide stop but this EMP slide stop just won’t fit back into the notch? any insight is appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
168 Posts
Have you looked at removing the slide and just pushing the slide stop through the frame, while the barrel is in place?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you looked at removing the slide and just pushing the slide stop through the frame, while the barrel is in place?
Yes, and it fits. I then put the slide back on and tried working it back in for another 30 min.... using credit cards and other thin tools to hold the pin down I was able to get it almost in, but still no luck. It sits about 1/4" off and won't drop in...have pushed but don't wish to force it.

·
Registered
168 Posts
OK, but 1/4" off is ridiculous. When you say off, do you mean it will not push through to the other side with the slide back on? Or something else???

·
Registered
168 Posts
So the slide stop goes through the frame correctly with the barrel lug in place so the slide stop fits? If the pin allows the slide stop through then, when the slide is back in place it should, should also work, but it does not? So with the slide back in place and the lug hole in line can you just push a match or somethin thin trough?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK, but 1/4" off is ridiculous. When you say off, do you mean it will not push through to the other side with the slide back on? Or something else???
Yes, with the slide back on, the hole lined up, slide stop placed thru the hole... it still won't snap in. I depress the pin, move the slide stop in place but can't get it in. best case is the 1/4" gap which I agree is ridiculous. I haven't forced it in as I don't wish to break or scratch the finish. shouldn't have to do that?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So the slide stop goes through the frame correctly with the barrel lug in place so the slide stop fits? If the pin allows the slide stop through then, when the slide is back in place it should, should also work, but it does not? So with the slide back in place and the lug hole in line can you just push a match or somethin thin trough?
Yes, I agree, if the slide stop goes thru w/o the slide, which it does, it should work w/the slide. Don't know.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Well it's a new pistol so possibly the slide stop needs a strong push. If it all lines up there is nothing really to break as you are pushing it with your thumb not a hammer. So of to a gunsmith or back to manufacturer. All your choices. Yep, it's difficult.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have other full size 1911’s so am familiar with re assembling the slide stop but this EMP slide stop just won’t fit back into the notch? any insight is appreciated.
Thanks
I am a new EMP owner and found this vid incredibly helpful. The slide lock is tricky it covers it here. Line the holes up and mist match up the notch too. My firearms instructor even had a bit of a time first time we took it apart to clean. Hope it helps.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am a new EMP owner and found this vid incredibly helpful. The slide lock is tricky it covers it here. Line the holes up and mist match up the notch too. My firearms instructor even had a bit of a time first time we took it apart to clean. Hope it helps.

Thanks. I saw this one. Once he gets it in position, he just pushes. I'll try again, we'll see. Thanks again.

·
Registered
2021, Ronin 9mm, 5”
23 Posts
Yes, and it fits. I then put the slide back on and tried working it back in for another 30 min.... using credit cards and other thin tools to hold the pin down I was able to get it almost in, but still no luck. It sits about 1/4" off and won't drop in...have pushed but don't wish to force it.
I had same problem. Replaced original with Wilson slide stop and now it works.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I had same problem. Replaced original with Wilson slide stop and now it works.
Thanks for the heads up. I did get the stop to finally push in. It took almost 3 hands...had to hold the slide in exactly the right spot, press in the button w/credit card and then position...and push. really not easy. I'll look into the Wilson stop. Thanks!

·
Registered
168 Posts
No need to buy another slide stop. Just work out where yours is fractionally to large of off center. It is what what you said touching a part that stops it from fitting correctly. You say this when it fits without the slide removed. Hence it is a simple trick of filing of a faction of the slide stop once you locate the exact spot where it needs filling.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts