Shoot, don't shoot scenarios

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by havasu, Jan 8, 2015.

1. havasu

havasu Administrator Supporter

Well, well, well. Can you guess what this activist does?

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qE7DtMtymyU[/ame]

2. pokute

pokute Sincere as a $5 funeral

Totally unrealistic. They should have him sitting in the doughnut shop, talking about his divorce and restraining order, and then have him decide whether to shoot the person who interrupts his doughnut break to report a crime.

3. pokute

Looks like I'm a failure as a troll ;)

4. gumpy

gumpy Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Just goes to show, don't judge someone till you've been in their situation.

5. pokute

I've been in that situation. I sneaked up behind the bad guy and nailed him below the right ear with a roundhouse right. Went down like the proverbial sack of potatoes. No investigation ensued, and the guy had something to remind him to stay home for a week. No point in confronting a bad guy when you can avoid it. Confrontation is for fools.

6. gumpy

Deadly force is a last resort! Shooting someone is something that can't be undone. You don't have time to think thru different scenarios/ options when the BG is in your face. Are police constantly in training to recognize opportunities quickly and execute them? Or are they given basic training, then thrown on the streets,with no ensuing training to hone their skills and stay operationally ready?

7. pokute

It's different with every department. Where I grew up, the police got regular training and were able to deal with things sensibly. They all had hand-to-hand training as well, and the knowledge that they could break all the bones in your fingers with their little key-chain thingy kept you from talking back. Since I've lived in L.A. city, it's either just nasty attitude or deadly force. And they can't unholster in any reasonable time (zero training or practice), so they usually have their iron out and ready to go when they should just be talking, or observing. We've lived in Rampart Division since 1989, so I know more than I wish I did about our local boys in black.

Try joining an online cop forum - You will be disgusted by the crap they are willing to share when they think only brother officers are looking. Anyway, all you need to do is watch cops shooting when they are at the range to know how much (very little) training they get.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2015
  8. gumpy

I wasn't sure how much upkeep officers were offered toward ensuring that they were capable of making appropriate decisions, in a short period of time, and under extreme pressure. That's a lot to ask of anyone without proper training.

9. pokute

I better avoid this thread from now on or I'm going to get another offer to be "interviewed" at home by the police.

10. pokute

The mental stability test formerly in use by LAPD recruiting was dropped because so few people who wanted to be cops had the required degree of stability. Since that time the force has come to resemble the squad portrayed in this Liberian movie: [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTkGD_MdX2E"]Johnny Mad Dog[/ame] Just look at my link to the Rampart Division (above) to see what we have to put up with here.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2015
  11. gumpy

This is a recipe for disaster!!!!

12. pokute

Yep. And we had the disaster. The whole LAPD got turned on it's head. Nearly every officer in the Rampart Division had something to hide. The police "union" did a great job covering up by libelling any member of the force that opened his mouth. Most notably Assistant Chief David D. Dotson, who made the mistake of acknowledging the practice of "testilying" in an interview.