Springfield Armory Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a SPRINGFIELD SAINT VICTOR 5.56 NATO M-LOK 30RD 16" AR-15 RIFLE W/ B5 FURNITURE. I’d like to put a shorter upper on it for home defense..16” seems a bit long for inside the house especially if I add a suppressor. I have no clue as to what length and caliber upper would be best here for me for home defense on my Saint Victor Lower. I have a Sig MPX K, but I’d like a larger caliber like the Saint for in my house. Anyone have any advice?
thank you!

·
Registered
1 Posts
My advice would be to sell me your 16 inch saint victor upper :)
Problem solved.
My email is sogwiz(at)gmail(dot)com if you ever decide to sell it and go for a shorter barrel.

·
Registered
1 Posts
16” seems a bit long for inside the house especially if I add a suppressor. I have no clue as to what length and caliber upper would be best here for me for home defense on my Saint Victor Lower.
16' is the legal standard for rifle in US unless your suppressor makes up the length of that 16'.. For example u can go 10.5" but u would need a 5.5" suppressor to stay within legal limits. As far as caliber, 5.56 would be the cheaper route, but after inquiring a similar issue, I found that 5.56 tend to have more of a blinding flash in athese type of scenarios (although, it could be resolved with the suppressor) but a 300 blkout has the stopping power & no risk of killing the neighbors dog when tearing thru your walls. U could always looking into a pistol stock (if compatible with the SV) & have your 10.5 with no need for the suppressor, but that might defeat the purpose of what you're trying to do, if I understand u correctly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
16' is the legal standard for rifle in US unless your suppressor makes up the length of that 16'.. For example u can go 10.5" but u would need a 5.5" suppressor to stay within legal limits. As far as caliber, 5.56 would be the cheaper route, but after inquiring a similar issue, I found that 5.56 tend to have more of a blinding flash in athese type of scenarios (although, it could be resolved with the suppressor) but a 300 blkout has the stopping power & no risk of killing the neighbors dog when tearing thru your walls. U could always looking into a pistol stock (if compatible with the SV) & have your 10.5 with no need for the suppressor, but that might defeat the purpose of what you're trying to do, if I understand u correctly.
Thanks for the reply, I went ahead and left the 16” Saint victor the way it is. I bought a Sig Rattler and a 300 BO barrel for it. I also picked up a DD MK 18 pistol in 5.56 that I will add can to for the house. Just have to wait and see if I prefer the rattler or MK 18 for home defense. I sort of wish I would have got the MK 18 300 BO version now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My advice would be to sell me your 16 inch saint victor upper :)
Problem solved.
My email is sogwiz(at)gmail(dot)com if you ever decide to sell it and go for a shorter barrel.
I own the original Saint 5.56/.223 with fixed FSP. I also have a Picatinny mounted flip up rear sight as well as a Picatinny mounted “carrying handle” with rear sight aperture. I’m looking to either replace the upper on said rifle or just sell it outright and buy a new Saint Victor. (I noticed you dropped your email on this thread and assumed you might be able to facilitate that).

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just purchased a SPRINGFIELD SAINT VICTOR 5.56 NATO M-LOK 30RD 16" AR-15 RIFLE W/ B5 FURNITURE. I’d like to put a shorter upper on it for home defense..16” seems a bit long for inside the house especially if I add a suppressor. I have no clue as to what length and caliber upper would be best here for me for home defense on my Saint Victor Lower. I have a Sig MPX K, but I’d like a larger caliber like the Saint for in my house. Anyone have any advice?
thank you!
I have a 7.5 inch stain victor pistol that I want to switch out for a 16 inch barrel. I would love to trade if u were interested. I have only put maybe 100 rounds through it so far. It is ver new. Let me know if you’d be interested

·
Registered
2 Posts
I own the original Saint 5.56/.223 with fixed FSP. I also have a Picatinny mounted flip up rear sight as well as a Picatinny mounted “carrying handle” with rear sight aperture. I’m looking to either replace the upper on said rifle or just sell it outright and buy a new Saint Victor. (I noticed you dropped your email on this thread and assumed you might be able to facilitate that).

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 7.5 inch stain victor pistol that I want to switch out for a 16 inch barrel. I would love to trade if u were interested. I have only put maybe 100 rounds through it so far. It is ver new. Let me know if you’d be interested
Are you still looking to trade? I have a 16” saint victor in the same condition

1 - 8 of 8 Posts