Springfield Armory Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased my saint Victor 308 today I ran 150 maybe two hundred rounds through it of the same Elmo everything was completely fine and then all the sudden it would not feed the next round it was exacting fine but I was finding myself having to charge it each time I fired or every three or four shots if anyone has any information what I could do myself or what I should do please let me know. I am very disappointed about it considering Springfield reputation and not to mention I love set up they make.

· Registered
3 Posts
I don't know what magazine you have but if the same one fails to feed , stripping it down and cleaning and polishing the moving parts where they contact would be my first step.

Field strip and clean the firearm my second.

· Registered
1 Posts
If not the magazine then it’s probably the ammo. I’ve never had any issues from mine not feeding or ejecting. I cleaned & lubed mine before shooting it the first time, taking into consideration that the bolt group operates best on the wet side of lube. I also made sure the breech was dry of oils & solvents as this can lead to heavy carbon deposits which could also affect loading effectively.
You didn’t mention what grain bullet you used but I shoot 150gr. Also, the magazine, follower & spring should be dry as any oils could transfer to the cartridge & eventually gum up the breech. Springfield makes (or offers) a breech brush for the M1A that effectively cleans the breach. You might give that a try too.

· Registered
3 Posts
Hi All, I purchased my Springfield Saint Victor 308 and I can not figure out or find online how to take out the retaining pin for the firing pin so I can take apart the BCG. It is weird because it almost looks like a screw but I've tried to unscrew it but it doesn't unscrew. Any insights please?

· Registered
3 Posts
I don't have a Saint but it sounds like it has a perma pin. You can use a punch and push it from the "screw side". See the attached video around the 3:40 mark.
THANK YOU!!! I appreciate it. That was it. SMH, I cannot believe the manual, and even on Springfield's website, it doesn't mention anything about the BCG in detail about the disassembly. The retaining pin is UNIQUE from typical cotter pins. It does require a punch. Appreciate it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts