Springfield Armory Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking at a couple different pistols. One is a STV975556B-SBAS and the other is a STV975556B-SBA3 It appears the only thing different is the last digit in the number. the UPC is the same for both. Does anyone know what the difference is in these 2 pistols? Thanks

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Can't really help - but it would appear the SBA3 is reference to the stabilizing brace - not sure where you are finding the SBAS - but my best guess would be either a misprint or a slight variation on the brace. I would call their "800" number to be sure.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Why call them pistols when they are more a semi auto rifle ? Calibre 5.56?
Because at that length they'd be classified as an SBR if it were a rifle. These have braces and therefore are classified as pistols. Caliber has no bearing on classification.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I've been looking at a couple different pistols. One is a STV975556B-SBAS and the other is a STV975556B-SBA3 It appears the only thing different is the last digit in the number. the UPC is the same for both. Does anyone know what the difference is in these 2 pistols? Thanks
I believe it's a misprint too, there is no SBAS Brace. It's a SBA-3, or-4, and there are some others by SB Tactical, but no SBAS?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts